Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
The information posted above concerning Aldora Divers of Cozumel is incorrect and misleading. I find that Aldora is my favorite dive operator anywhere. My daughter is Advanced Certified but not into nitrox. The combination of using steel tanks, computers, safe diving practices and conservative air consumption allows us to dive together for extended periods in an extraordinary dive location. Yes, we have done 90 minute dives with Aldora but remember the theory behind the alogrithims, the deeper you go the shorter your dive time. We have never exceeded sport diving depths or times. I find the dive masters of Aldora to be the most educated and informative of any operation I have been with. How often is your dive master an instructor level diver with a phd. in marine zoology. The last time I was there six of us were diving and two of the individuals had a terrible time. The dive's did not meet their expectations. To me, they were exceptional. The statement that Aldora lost two divers to the sea is wrong. Wrong operation, wrong island, wrong ocean. Do not spread gossip unless you know it to be true.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
BRYORS,
If I am wrong about Aldora Divers I apologize for that comment, but I got that info from a different dive operation while I was in Coz last Oct.
I don't mind diving with the larger tanks at all, but they are heavy when in the boat, also we did exceeded sport diving depths or times because my computer and my buddies computers was in the deco mode for much of the end of the dive. The reason I said to stay away from Aldora is because of what some of the dive operations will do for the sake of money, and they are one of them. I have seen to many divers do what ever they want even though their skill level is not there and the dive master won't say a word to them about their unsafe diving procedures, even they are not using there heads. I have even seen where the divers brought beer on board and drank a couple between dives (Roatan), the dive masters did not say anything.

I am training for tec diving where we use multible tanks, standard mix, tri mix, and go to deep depths 160' to 180' for 30 to 35 min. I do belielive in diving what you can handle or what your training teaches you, but when a person tells someone to check out Aldora Divers to a newbie I must step in and give my two cents worth.
OR
How about a couple of years ago or a little more when Aldora Divers were accused of rust in there tanks, did you hear that? I know that is true, as they addmitted to it!

You dive with them if you want, I won't. To many crazies to jeopardize my life. Just passing some info, take it or leave it, its up to you.

[This message has been edited by Idaho_diver (edited 06-15-2001).]

B
B
Thanks Idaho, I'm glad we agree on something. As I have scanned these posts, including yours, I have noticed many ignoring their training and attempting things they are not yet certified for. In an above post I see where a diver not yet certified went to 79'. Such statements indicate a lack of respect for the environment we are in. Please, everyone, be a "SAFE" diver. If you do not know what that means, find out. While the dive master serves as our guide and is there to assist us, we are all responsible for our own actions. Never exceed your limits or your training. If you are on the edge, abort your dive. It is your responsibility to yourself and your buddy. Report any vilations to the owner/operator of the shop and to the governing body if necessary. Idaho, if the information you are giving about Aldora is accurate I hope you talked to Daniel.

To those who are new or contemplating taking up diving rest assured that it is a safe and worthwhile sport. The vast majority of us will never have a serious accident or emergency. If something does come up that is why we are trained and why we always dive with a buddy. Some people choose to make it an extrem sport and push the envelope. That is their choice. Don't do so unless you receive the proper training.

As a final word, alcohol and water do not mix. Do not consume alcohol before, during, or after your dives. Party time is not for the day you are diving.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.