Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#40518 - 06/07/01 09:00 AM Help!? Need good advice
Jillymac Offline
After hours reading this board we booked 3 of our 6 nights at Banana Beach Resort. That being done, we don't know if the overnight trip to the outer atolls is enough or would anyone recommend doing our other nights at one of the resorts on outer reefs for some different and more challenging diving?
This board is a life saver and I thank anyone who can offer some insight!

#40519 - 06/07/01 02:05 PM Re: Help!? Need good advice
Marty Offline
I'd stay at Banana all 6 nights, then get out to the atolls on one of the overnight excursions....

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 06-07-2001).]

#40520 - 06/08/01 08:25 AM Re: Help!? Need good advice
govikes Offline
Jillymac, the overnight trip on the Offshore Express is a blast. It's got 5 dive stops, plus you can check out the booby bird sanctuary on your overnight stop. All 3 times I've been on it, we had dolphins either leading us out or bringing us back to AC and Capt. Horace and crew are great about letting you know they are around, so you can run to the front of the boat and get a good look at them!

#40521 - 06/08/01 03:59 PM Re: Help!? Need good advice
Jillymac Offline
thanks for the replies!
govikes: I assume from your reply that the overnight trip is on a liveaboard? Don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason thought it would be staying the night in a resort. I like this idea better, so hopefully my assumption is right...and it sounds like a hoot!

#40522 - 06/09/01 10:04 AM Re: Help!? Need good advice
diann Offline
Hey Jilly.....
is that your real name?? just curious; had a very special person in my life named that......

#40523 - 06/09/01 10:38 AM Re: Help!? Need good advice
Jillymac Offline
yes that's really my name.I've been called many other things (some not so nice), but mostly Jilly

#40524 - 06/09/01 12:25 PM Re: Help!? Need good advice
Suzan Offline
The Offshore Express is not a luxurious liveaboard, it is more like roughing it --there are bunks or you can grab a sleeping bag and sleep on the beach in a hammock if you like. It is an extraordinary trip, I've done it a couple of times and would do it again ay time. Be sure to ask if they stock belikins or rum punch, however. Last time I went on the boat it was byo.
http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media

#40525 - 06/09/01 01:20 PM Re: Help!? Need good advice
Jillymac Offline
JEEZ....sleeping in a hammock or in a sleeping bag on the beach is not my idea of fun...SO, now i'm more confused than ever. Maybe the day trip is more my speed...unless anyone knows of a little bit more "luxurious" overnight trip!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.