Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
G
Part of the issue is, because Datallmon travels for a living and has racked up over two million miles with Continental, we are both Platinum flyers, we don't pay the fees. I'm not as knowledgeable about this stuff so I will ask him. I'm sorry that I forgot that part but I'll ask him next time we talk about his opinion of how to do it the cheapest way. He sure knows the ins and outs. What airline are you likely to fly. He knows all except Taca, that fly in and out of Belize.

B
bobble Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Hon
So I have to say...if you can't afford to get to Belize (either one way or giving up the return ticket) you may want to rethink whether this trip is a good idea.

I sincerely hope that didn't come across as mean spirited. Sincerely.

Hon,
No, that's okay. Maybe I am trying to be too clever here trying to devise a stratagy to have things just as I imagine I want them to be. Luckily and happily, I am not poor and get to spend quite a lot on travel and vacations. Outwitting the airlines fare offerings usually plays a part in my travels, though. bob s

B
bobble Offline OP
OP Offline
B
GwenA,
Not to worry. I have no favorite really and have paid no attention to collecting miles. But I believe I have collected enough info now to know my travel options.
A standard set length trip of 30 days or less with pre arranged accommodations backed up by a round trip ticketed directly into and out of Belize is starting to sound pretty good right about now. smile bob s

Interesting post

Some people do claim ongoing land travel through Mexico or Guatemala as a next destination when flying one way.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

T
T
Consider a refundable ticket without restrictions. Contrary to common misconception, refundable tickets don't have to be business or first class.

N
N
They also have different rules on what you can bring in from abroad than from what they allow if you are traveling from a neighboring country (Mexico).
It is much less duty free from Mexico, really almost nothing is allowed and the customs agent at the water taxi is........... (well I can't think of anything nice to say so I will end this sentence now).

Read the immigration/customs information on the Government of Belize site.

Noele McLain
Go Yoga, travelling to you and with you.
501 670 6008
P
P
The customs agent at the water taxi was very generous to me recently. I declared US$350 worth of identifiable objects, he just looked at one of them and didn't charge me any duty.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.