Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#405339 04/17/11 01:21 AM
C
Caleb Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello everyone,

My name is Caleb. My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Ambergis Caye.(Wonderful Place!!!) While there we bought our first time share at the Reef Village. We thought we were getting a good deal. We were wrong. In our contract (we have this in black and white) they promised to purchase our plane tickets on our next trip to Belize. We also have it in there that we had the next five years of golf cart rentals paid for along with our first two dives. When my wife called to arange our next trip, she was laughed at on the phone. The employee told her that she was lied too. The person that sold us the time-share no longer worked there and all the extras in our contract were not correct. We have been fighting with them for months over this. They finally agreed to buy our tickets. We waited and waited...nothing. We were two weeks out from going down and still no tickets. I called down (not very happy) and got the run-around some more. Now they say that we should buy our own tickets and we will be reimbursed. Has this happened to anyone eles? I have been in Afghanistan for the last two years and this is how my wife and I are treated? Can anyone help us with this problem? I'm not sure how to go about it.

Last edited by Caleb; 04/17/11 01:36 AM.
C
Caleb Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Does anyone know a good international lawyer?

C
C
Yup, I would say a good lawyer is in order

Are you a serviceman? If you are go to the judge advocate general on your post and talk to them about this. Years ago these time share clowns preyed on service men to a large extent and I believe the military can probably help you. In other words you get a lawyer with unlimited resources that you don't have to pay for.

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 04/17/11 07:57 AM.

Captain One Iron
Here we go one more happy time share buyer.It was a sad day when the town consel lets these villans lose on the tourist who come here . one day to learn to dive or just hang out and live the dream Then they prey on people as they are just starting to enjoy themselfs and loving the island for all it has to offer and are having a fun time and and they are thinking just maybe to retun. BOOM then they stick it to them when there gaurd is down with false Promises and lots of smoke and mirrors .A legit business does not have to do that . They Pressure them just to turn a buck ..And yes my business is travel but on my web site you can think about for as long as you want .no Pressure ,no bull .take or leave it .A win win for all .Sad this couple got taken in once again by a sales person for a quick commision .it leaves lots with a bad taste in there mouth .THERE LIVING THE DREAM TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE ...I am not looking to debate time share here we all know how bad A Investment that can be AND IT BRINGS OUT ALL THE TROLLS who make a living from this . But only to see how this hurts all the hard working locale people who depend on tourists coming here for a return trip .A SHAME .JMHO.

Last edited by captjeff; 04/17/11 09:48 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
D
D
Do you remember the name of the sales person who sold you the timeshare?

D
D
Id say the problem is dishonesty not time shares. The scenario put forth does seem consistent with what everyone has heard about reef village. I would like to see some kind of legal recourse against the criminals that pulled this scam.

Originally Posted by Caleb
Does anyone know a good international lawyer?

Should have thought of that before you bought!
Buying anything without representation is foolish. Good Luck!

Depending on where you live in the US, there are some lawyers who will take a case in the Caribbean because a large part of it is based on British law. But many won't touch it. If you do find one that you have to pay, you might want to put a stop loss cost at the value of what you feel you have monetarily lost. That's all the legal relief you'll get anyway.

K
K
Good catch ckocian. Out what? $2500?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.