Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#405466 - 04/18/11 06:38 PM Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC
Marty Offline
The San Pedro Town Council and the Liquor Licensing Board inform the general public of the sale of liquor on Good Friday as follows:

Only establishments holding a Restaurant Liquor License will be allowed to sell liquor during the day.

All other liquor establishments ARE NOT ALLOWED to sell liquor from Thursday Midnight 12:00a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Good Friday.

The cooperation of all the establishments is requested and appreciated. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the cancellation of their license.

#405483 - 04/18/11 09:12 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
Bing Crosby Offline
Not being a very religious person I'm afraid this rule would make my Friday not that "Good".

#405484 - 04/18/11 09:25 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
San Pedro is a Roman Catholic community before anything else. This rule makes Friday a quiet place in San Pedro, Easter is huge and the loudest noise is the church bell.
All Belizeans take Easter as one of the biggest holidays of the year and just huge amounts of Belizeans from communities in New York and LA return in a Pilgrimage each year. Normal routines and schedules start falling apart about Thursday and wont begin again until Tuesday.
Its great business for everyone and good to see old friends.

#405485 - 04/18/11 09:28 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Bing Crosby]
champion Offline
I would think that many of the resort bars are open. Most all have resturants

#405486 - 04/18/11 09:32 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
They all watch their ass on good Friday or loose their licences.
My favorite easter song is now on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw&feature=share

#405488 - 04/18/11 09:37 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: elbert]
champion Offline
Originally Posted By: elbert
They all watch their ass on good Friday or loose their licences.
My favorite easter song is now on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw&feature=share

Wouldn't this be ok Elbert?

"Only establishments holding a Restaurant Liquor License will be allowed to sell liquor during the day."

#405489 - 04/18/11 09:45 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
Nothing is going to fly like that, Its a 'huge Roman catholic community' The mayor, the town board , the liquor licences board, literary every entity in government was born and raise Roman Catholic and easter is it for a roman catholic.
A little bit of an uphill battle I would say.

#405490 - 04/18/11 09:47 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
blame it on the Spanish Conquistadors!

#405492 - 04/18/11 09:56 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
champion Offline
I get it, even if its law it don't count.

#405495 - 04/18/11 10:20 PM Re: Good Friday Liquor Sales Notice from the SPTC [Re: Marty]
Chica Blanca Offline
The law states that establishments with Restaurant Liquor License licenses will be able to serve liquor. Most major restaurants, resorts, and bars have a Publican Special, a different license all together. And yes laws do count. Only a foolish or brave bar owner would openly serve liquor on Good Friday. Buy ahead, have a BBQ, go slow...

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.