Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405500 04/18/11 05:26 PM
OP Offline
Hello all. I have lurked on this site for a long time and finally decided to enlist and say hello.

I am a cabinet maker/woodworker and I will be moving to San Pedro as soon as I can. I will open up a small shop to build custom cabinets and wood for the house and commercial biz's around the area.
I have also been in the government construction inspection work for the past 14 years and will be offering construction inspection/quality assurance consulting services.
Anyway, enough about what I do.
I am planning to move to Amberqris caye and have a great semi retirement life on the beach fishing and sunning my way along.
it is good to be here and I hope I can fit in with the area in time.

G
G
Where are you moving from....hopefully from somewhere else in Belize? I can't imagine, with all of the out of work woodworkers here, it would be very easy to get a work permit in that profession.
Sorry to start out so negative, but it's best to get the obvious out of the way first.
Otherwise, welcome...

S
S
If you propose to open a new business and employ Belizeans you will be welcomed. Especially when you can offer training in a trade. good Luck!

OP Offline
I am in the States. I have a home in California and in New Mexico.
I have had my eyes on Belize for the past 20 years or so. I have always had the intention to move there someday and I think that someday is coming up very soon. Maybe within the next 3-5 years.

G
G
Thats great, if you haven't visited, please visit first. Many people find they do better living here if they know what to expect.
Just picking up and moving here without knowing what life is like here, would be like throwing dice. You could be lucky...or not.
My husband and I visited every year, and sometimes twice a year, for ten years before we started building, moving etc. Even so you don't know what it's like until you spend a few months here.
The point is there is a lot to learn, and you can't just assume you will be allowed to work here.

OP Offline
I do plan to make a few visits there over the next year or two.
I will buy a piece of land on one of my visits (I have done this before) and then work on building my home on it for future full time use.
Thanx for the heads up GwenA
I have traveled to the other side of the world so I am up on the ins and outs of moving to another country

<---------- jealous

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.