Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40572 06/08/01 03:30 PM
J
Jules Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice on where to stay. We'll be there July 17 through 30. We are splitting our time between Banana Beach and Paradise Villas. Will any of you be there then? Where are the best places to eat? Two weeks with two teenagers, we need to find inexpensive lunch and dinner places!

Jules,
My favorite place to eat was Caliente. They have great food (I recommend the Margarita Shrimp for dinner). We also had lunch there one day, which was also fabulous, and lunch prices run about $6 or so, plus drinks if I remember right. I think I paid closer to $15 for dinner. Papi's diner was pretty good, too, but definitely not gourmet. Chicken was great there. I heard Elvie's was good, too, but don't know anything concrete. Hope you have a great vacation.

M
M
Jules..Our favorite by far was Papi's Diner. While Island Junkie is correct in that the food is not gourmet,it is just down home cooking by Papi's wife, and very reasonable. Also,with 2 hungry teenagers, don't forget to stop by Celi's Deli for very inexpensive, but wonderful meat pies,garnaches,tamales and Mayan burritos(burritos with a delicious cheese sauce). We would stop and buy a bunch of items and go back to our room at the Seven Seas and chow down.Save some for later and reheat. Estel's by the Sea is also a must..food is great(especially the breakfast) but a bit expensive,to us, anyway. It is just wonderful to eat your breakfast while,as someone else has said, wiggling your toes in the sand. Elvi's.. great service and seafood...don't get the steaks! Horrible! Everything else was great. DO try the street vendors, the food is great and cheap;we would never eat from the vendors in Mexico but we never got sick eating anything in AC. The local kids would come by after school and sell items that their mom's made during the day. Very cheap and very good. Enjoy!

Mary and Scott
And Papi's is a nice little walk from Paradise Villas. Walk north up the beach, turn left after the highschool field, take your next right and go another couple of blocks and there's Papi's on the right hand side. You can walk almost all of the way there on the beach but I don't know how to describe the turnoff as well as telling you about the highschool.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

here's a long guide on the restaurants.... //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/002064.html

Thanks Marty, I just reread the thread and it reminded me that I hadn't said anything supportive about Ambergris Delight. I only ate there once on my last trip and it was still good, however, my favorite waiter had left. On my first and second trips, I ate there quite often. The food and the serive was good. I like the quaint atmosphere, it reminds me of pizza place I went to as a kid. The incongruity of the mural on the wall, that is reminiscent of home, always makes me chuckle. The prices were decent too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

J
Jules Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks so much for the restaurant info. I read this board everyday and have been checking out all of the businesses and tour companies on the AC website. I am totally consumed with this upcoming trip. AC sounds wonderful!! Can't wait. 35 days and counting

D
D
Jules -
I know what you mean about being consumed. My trip to AC isn't until November and I can't seem to pull myself away from thoughts of it. Looking forward to hearing your report! [Linked Image]

J
Jules Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Desert_Fever..I will definately file a "trip report". I plan to keep a journal while we are there. Something else I've never done (what's gotten into me). I have found everyone elses reports so fascinating and helpful in my planning I hope I can be of help to others on this board. This is as close to a chat room as I've ever been!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.