Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#406521 - 04/29/11 01:50 PM CUN EXIT FEES
Cooper Offline
Has anyone flown out of Cancun to the States lately? I am trying to find out what Belizean Residents have to pay in fees leaving the airport and what they have to pay if flying back into Cancun when they leave Mexico into Belize..we be be in Mexico for two days on the way up and two days on the return. Seems the fees change every few months.

#406558 - 04/29/11 04:47 PM Re: CUN EXIT FEES [Re: Cooper]
Short Offline
I had to pay it a few times. Think it is about US$ 20-40. When you check in the airline staff will tell you that you have to pay. Then you need to go to the collection office for payment and with their receipt you get your boarding pass at the check in. Often they also forget about it though, so don't mention it!

When you come in to Cancun to go to Belize and afterwards exit again trough Cancun you need to get a "Doble Entrada" before entering Belize at the Mexican side. That is cheaper and then you don't need to pay the exit fee on departure. That is ony valid for a specific period, so ask them how long it is valid.

Hope this helps.
Live and let live

#406569 - 04/29/11 06:31 PM Re: CUN EXIT FEES [Re: Cooper]
MisterB266 Offline
Exiting Belize
Citizens and Permanent Residents of Belize don't pay anything. Visitors/tourists pay BZ$37.50 (US$18.75) payable in BZ$ or US$ at the land border. Departing by water taxi to Chetumal might be cheaper -- in this case, I think only the BZ$7.50 PACT fee is payable.

Entering Mexico
Visitors in transit from Belize to another country must pay the MX$262 fee for the FMM (visitor's card/form/visa/whatever). The fee is not paid at the border but at a bank before you depart Mexico although I think it can be paid at Cancun airport.

Departing from Cancun Airport
I've never paid anything. If there are any airport fees, they must have been included in the ticket price. If you haven't already paid the MX$262 FMM fee, you will be asked to pay.

Re-entering Mexico
An FMM should be issued on the plane before you land at Cancun. The fee should be included in the ticket price, so nothing more to pay.

Departing Mexico
Hand in the FMM form. There are no departure fees; nothing to pay at the border.

Entering Belize
Nothing to pay.

The fees haven't been changing every few months, but beware of the scam at the land border where the Mexican immigration official has been asking for a departure of US$20. There is no departure fee from Mexico.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (cracked up, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.