Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Have a week to spend in Belize . . . 5 days in AC and 2 days at Maruba Spa.

Should we do the spa or beach first??

They both seem pretty relaxing.

B
B
I would dothe spa first. Go from 80 to 0, with a pampered couple of days. Then you'll be tanned, rested, and ready for some serious nightlife.

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Big Frank! The 80 to 0 part is something that really appeals to me.
. . . judy

P
P
Just did both a few weeks ago. We went 4 in A.C. and 3 days at Maruba. Since it was raining and windy at A.C., Maruba was great. I think Maruba would be better after hard partying and diving at A.C.--you will be certain to return home well rested and relaxed.

One tip, we took a cab from the Airport to Maruba after coming from A.C. and it only cost us $55 U.S. dollars. As opposed to the much higher amount charged by the resort.

I did both back in May. I first did AC for 6 nights, then Maruba Spa for 2 nights. It cost me $50 (per person) round trip transportation from Belize International to Maruba Spa. They have a shuttle that does a round trip to the airport 3 times a day.

I actually would recommend going to AC first, then recuperate at Maruba. It did me wonders!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks, Gela!

How long was the trip to Maruba from the airport? And was the shuttle $50.00 pp rt?
Or was that a taxi?

Where did you stay while in AC?
.....judy

Best way to get to Maruba from AC is by boat. There are tour operators that leave from AC and do tours of Alton Ha and Lamani. You can catch a ride with them and negotiate a price for just the ride. Takes about an hour. You can contact them on AC. Seaduced Tours and Searious Adventures are two that do the trips. This is much cheaper and a lot quicker than flying back to Belize and transfering by vehicle to Maruba. Also, it is a pretty ride up the river. You get a chance to see some wildlife and fauna. If you wanted to tour one of the ruins, you could do the whole tour and end up at Maruba.I fly from Belize International to AC and when I leave I do the boat transfer to Maruba and van transfer from Maruba to the airport. I figure it cost me about half the price that way as opposed to two flights and two van transfer. IF you decide to go to Maruba first, you can transfer to AC by catching a ride back with the boats. They usually stop a Maruba for lunch before heading back to AC.

Bywarren, your plan seems doable. Is there a problem taking your luggage on that boat?

Dare To Deviate
Austintx,

The shuttle was $50 round trip. Maruba added the charges to my bill. I was already scheduled on a flight back to BZE from AC so this was the best way to get to Maruba. The boat excursion suggested by bywarren sounds reasonable. My question would also be the luggage factor.

The shuttle took 45 minutes. The shuttle is actual a nice new white Ford Explorer. I had an added treat going to Maruba when the driver asked if he could stop at the Belikin Bottling Plant to pick up beer for the Spa. I might be the only one that has pictures of the bottling line!

I stayed at SunBreeze while in AC. It's very nice - great location and pool, but on the expensive side. If you search this website you have so many great places to choose from based on your priorities (location, pool, dive shop, etc.).

Maruba was enchanting. When you first walk into the open air Lobby, you think you're in another world. They will offer you a welcome drink - ask for the Viper Rum Punch!

Have a terrific time!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
A
OP Offline
A
Gela

Thanks! It looks like we will try to stay at the Sunbreeze in AC as well. Maruba sounds great. Can you recommend any of the spa services?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.