Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
Hello all, I thank you for the help so far and the abundance of information on this message board. I am headed down to AC September 16th and am trying to finalize where we should stay. Each time I get close to a decision, something else comes up.

My question now is: According to a book by the Discovery Channel called "Insight Guide - Belize" they make the statement that "Journey's End is... best suited for large groups or the swinging singles scene."

This comment concerns me in the fact that I know on my honeymoon I want some solitude and quiet with my new wife in our time together. From those that have been to Journey's end - is this the feeling you got? Were there parties going on until late and crowds of people around or what?

If others have suggestions, please let me know. So far my first choice was Victoria House (Closed in September) Ramon's (honeymoon room booked and I have not heard great things about the other rooms or the place in general), Captain Morgan's - too touristy and big I think, prices didn't look all that great. I don't know where else we might be able to get a cabana type room close enough to town for walking and far enough from the noise to feel alone.

Thanks!

hc - I don't know about JE as a party place, but I hope you do not have the impression that JE is close enough to walk to town. I do know that I would not consider it close enough to walk to town regularly, it is a few miles north of the river. Most people take a water taxi or boat.
Good Luck!

H
OP Offline
H
No, I don't plan to walk to town from JE. I did comprimise on that thought when looking at the places up north. So we may have to deal with the water taxi to get to and from town. I can live with this as long as we are not stuck in party central and we have drunk people yelling in the windows all night.

T
T
Check out the SunDiver Beach Resort. www.sundiverbeachresort.com
It's a small, intimate hotel with only 12 rooms, and it appears they have some great honeymoon specials during low season. Best wishes! I'm getting married just before you (Sept. 2)....

Never heard of Journey's End being considered a party place. It is large -- huge by Belize standards -- so a variety of people may stay there. In September it should be pretty quiet.

Don't think I'd put much credence in a guidebook published by a television network!

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine
-and-
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide
-and-
UpClose Central America

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
KC Offline
http://www.cayemanagement.com/north13.html

Go to the above site and see what you think. It is a perfect honeymoon spot. My husband and I stayed there on our 32nd anniversary and loved it... so much that we bought villa #2. It is about as close to the ocean as you can get, and there is a lovely pool. Walking distance to some nice restaurants and beach bars, but not close neighbors. Water taxi to town when you want... otherwise, stay at the house and enjoy the pool or whatever. It really is not inconvenient to stay north of town, as you can choose go to town if you want, and the solitude and peace up there is fantastic. At night... not even a light to be seen except for the stars. Let me know if you are interested.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i stayed there last year, and no, i would not call it a party place. not at all. it is a place to relax & have peace & quiet. the beach is lovely, staff is friendly.

here's pix:
//ambergriscaye.com/jane

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh, i hear the villas at banyan bay are very nice. they are condos, not a resort. it is south of town, but you could bike or rent a golf cart. it is really pretty. check out their site.

J
J
Hello Honeymooners,
I wouldn't call it a party place but, we did recently add karaoke in the bar. Don't let Blanca loose with the mic and alls well.
75% of our guest are couples of that half are on honeymoons. Even when the property is at capacity things are quite.
If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact me.
[email protected]

T
T
I just returned last nite....seemed to me that Journey's end was very very slow...rarely even saw anyone there at all!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.