Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40765 06/12/01 04:19 PM
D
OP Offline
D
For those who have done both, which would you recommend - cave tubing or the Lamanai tour? Due to budget restrictions, I need to narrow down my choice of activities [Linked Image] Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks [Linked Image]

#40766 06/12/01 04:54 PM
These trips are such 2 different trips, it's hard to say.

I did both. We liked Lamani A LOT! Had a great day and a lot of fun. Saw a lot of stuff. We Cave tubed on a great day too. Seeing th ejungle while hiking was wonderful and the sites were beautiful as they were driving to Lamani. I guess it's a matter of if your into the History of the Lamani thing.

If it's a hot humid day, the tubing may be better, but how can one go to Belize and not see Lamani?

#40767 06/12/01 11:58 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you aqtpie2 [Linked Image] Which tour company did you take the cave tubing trip with? Did you take a day trip from AC or were you staying on the mainland? Do you remember what the rates were? I am not any closer to a decision, but thanks again! [Linked Image]

#40768 06/13/01 08:07 AM
J
J
If you can swing it financially try to do both. They are both great activities and remember, you are paying alot of money to get and stay there, try to see and do as much as possible. Good luck and you'll love both or either of the trips. The kids and my wife and I loved both items you mentioned.

#40769 06/13/01 09:16 AM
S
S
Desert Fever, I've done both. Like someone already mentioned, 2 totally different trips. Depends if you want history or simply recreation. Both trips are great.

I did Lamanai a few years back. I just recently got back from Belize and had done the cave tubing. I went thru Cave's Branch Jungle Lodge in Belmopan. Might call for a stayover there due to time constraints, but worth it. Reasonable rates, too. They have a lot of different trips to choose from. We did the River Cave Exploration--a little cave tubing along with cave exploration. Get recreation and history in one trip. If you'd like specifics, email me at [email protected]. This place is great!!
Good luck! Sharon

#40770 06/13/01 12:43 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your opinions everyone. Keep them coming! So far it's still a toss up. I guess I just might have to dip into my school loan and do both. [Linked Image]

I just read your great trip report on Cave's Branch, Shaygray. It definately sounds like a must do! But I have heard Lamanai is too... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Desert_Fever (edited 06-13-2001).]

#40771 06/14/01 03:05 PM
Desert fever:

I think we used SEAriuos tours for our Lamani Trip. We had a great guide(s). They were very good. I am sure that all the operators are pretty darn good. I think the cost was 125 per person. We left early in the AM right from our dock.

For the Cave tubing, I believe it also was 125 per person. But we flew over to BC and then took a van ride to the river/caves.

Both included lunch and the Lamani included breakfast also, as well as fresh fruit and rum punch.

We did the tubing on our last full day there, it was really cool. But again, they are 2 very distinctive trips and if you can swing it, I would reccommend doing both.

#40772 06/14/01 04:09 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your help aqtpie2! I have a couple more questions though. [Linked Image] Under the cave tubing and river exploration description on the SEAduced web site they mention "the Cave's Branch of the Sibun River", but I noticed on one of your posts you stated that you tubed through Jaguar's Paw instead. Do you know if SEAduced tubes different cave systems depending on which trip you take with them? I noticed they had a tubing trip that included the Belize zoo, and another that offers rain forest and river exploration (the one which claims "Cave's Branch of the Sibun River"). Which did you do? Thanks again for your help! [Linked Image]

#40773 06/14/01 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We did the Jaguar Paw caves and they were wonderful. Very peaceful, relaxing, went with Tuff Enough from the Playador. We recently bought a home on AC, have visited twice, and have yet to see any of the ruins...
If you get a chance on a day trip, visit the Belize Zoo. I am not a zoo person, it only takes an hour, but is well worth the time.
I think our day was about 125 US.
Have fun!

#40774 06/15/01 08:32 AM
Desert:

I am almost positive we used Seaduced. And for sure went through Jaguar Paw. Maybe they do both, or changed, but that is what we did. And I know we were the first group of the season (we went in November). They were still training guides.

I will try to double check with my group and see if I am 100% correct on the outfit that took us.

On a side note... After reading Shaygrays trip report, I am going to do the tubing again at Cave's branch. I was thinking I would pass on it but it sounds like a different experience that Jag Paw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.