BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
A
Hello Mathieu,
Palapa booth rental is $125 BZ for the 3 day event this week-end.
Cover charge a whopping $3 BZ! Donated to the school.
Contact Emir at 620-0539

Last edited by artisan; 06/30/11 06:49 PM.
D
D
The lobsterfest committee offered to let the people of Caye Caulker use the name Lobsterfest one time for $5000. This is all about one guy. When asked if he Owned the Word, he said he thought of it so it is his.Don't pay him and he announces there is no party.
Note: Lobsterfests have been going on in Louisiana, Fla. and Texas since I was kid.

Last edited by Dane; 07/03/11 11:32 PM.
If Caye Caulker has a lobster fest, seafood fest, jam session, jump up etc people will come and enjoy. If there is one thing we love to do in Belize it is have fun and party.

I was dismayed that the Lobster Fest committee decided to opt out this year and then to refuse to allow willing participants to advertise a lobster fest party on the island was simply ludicrous. Aren't the willing participants that people that the committee deemed uninterested.

From an outside observation it is clearly obvious that this is some petty personal battle that has embroiled and sullied the whole event.

What a crying shame.

If anybody is going to own the "name" Caye Caulker Losterfest it should probably be the village council.

M
M
What is in a name?
How about Lobster luao...no too hawaiian, lobster bash....no that could be crelty to animals, caye caulker crustacean celebration....too wordy, what the heck just have a party and invite everyone to celebrate!

sharzee Offline OP
OP Offline
No offense to those who have placed their comments in regards to what has happened, but for those who are living on the island of Caye Caulker and know what the current situation is in regards to the festival have the right to speak their minds and for those who don't live here need to get the facts straight.

The name "Caye Caulker Lobster Fest" is owned by a committee who came up with the idea of SUCH festival. If the island wanted to have a festival, the business community ESPECIALLY, WHO ARE THE ONES WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS FESTIVITY MOST OF ALL, WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS. Now that there wasn't any there were complaints after complaints about not having the festival yet they still failed to realized the main reason for this... this is a non-profit organization and the aim is to always provide 50% OR MORE directly back to the community; each and every year. Let's see who all will get up and give their part to next years festival and help to make it even better instead of only talking trash.

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE! AND INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THE PAST LET'S MAKE THE FUTURE BETTER!

A
A
I live here and I still maintain that announcing on a public forum that there will be no Lobsterfest on Caye Caulker this year was a disservice to the community.
Oh yeah, the future, please don't do it again.

Last edited by artisan; 07/06/11 03:07 PM.
sharzee Offline OP
OP Offline
It was done for the community to realize that they are the ones who benefit from the event and that without the help of the community itself it can't be done.

M
M
I was not there to witness the festivities, but reportedly the fun was plentiful throughout the weekend in spite of the "committee" refusing to acknowledge an official lobster fest. This year the organizers were able to gather a significant crowd in spite of some uncooperative weather. Cheers to the Lazy Lizard and everyone else involved for their work on this year's events. I'm happy to see that the spirit of Caye Caulker could not be stopped by the interest of a "committee" that refused to (for whatever reason) "host" a lobsterfest. Perhaps next year we will be there to celebrate this important time with you!

A
A
All you did with that announcement was drive people away from CC.
With that kind of help, good luck with further cooperation.
I'd like to see the document that entitles you to "Ownership" of any Lobsterfest.

E
E
So would I. Seems like some egos in play.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day