Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I bet you guys are getting tired of reading this stuff but here goes anyway!!

Me and my better half STAR are planning to expat down to your "neck of the woods" and are STARVING for information.

We are both retired U.S. Navy and love the ocean but have found that what we are seeking is unattainable here in the U.S.

We are both in our mid 40's and ready to slow down a "LITTLE"

We are avid Harley riders and for what we understand the cayes are somewhat "off limits" and we can understand that but STILL want to be REAL close to the beach!!!

We are by NO means wealthy but at the same time we are MORE than happy to work hard for what we want.

I used to own 50% of a business building hurricane "PROOF" houses and we would LOVE to find a small lot somewhere close to or (why not dream) ON the beach WITHOUT neighbors!!! I have a U.S. patent for a "wave generator" which would put us in a position to set up "camp" off the grid so to speak.

At the same time we are NOT hermits so roads and a store not TO far away would be nice!! A bar would be GREAT!!!

ANY info or just a little chat would be VERY apreciated!

Charles and Star Highlander.

P
P
From your description the Sothern Belize mainland might be just as apt, if not more in line, with your needs. Worth looking into at least.

P
P
.........not trying to run you off either!!!!

S
S
I agree with Phil. Hopkins, Punta Gorda or some parts of the Placencia Penninsula would suit. At least there you can ride, we even have a Harley dealer in Belize City now.

JZB Offline
Corozal area might work too. I'm not sure what a Wave generator is but if you are hoping to tap into the energy of ocean waves, you are better off plugging into the grid. We do not have onshore waves.

H
OP Offline
H
Thank you VERY much to ALL that answered our post!

We were looking at caye caulker but found that traffic is WAY to controlled and we want to come down there NOT being pains in the ...!!!!! We will be looking into Punta Gorda and the southern part as well as Corozal and Placencia!

The wave generator needs VERY little waves to support a household! It works even on a lake so,,,,

Thanx again!

Charles and Star!

H
OP Offline
H
Good morning y'all!
Well we just had a Tornado sweep through our neighborhood tearing trees up, roots and all, crashing down on houses and cars! The Prez is giving away Billions of $'s that we don't have to the Arabs so we are getting closer and closer to becoming neighbors!

Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Charles and Star!

H
OP Offline
H
We want to thank you ALL for answering our questions and we are now wondering, -Who is up for a couple of follow ups?

ICY, FROSTY AND PLENTIFUL rations of beer will be for all around when we get settled! (Hey, -You guide us to paradfise? -We WILL share some cold ones!!!

-How to find a lot? There are a LOT of lots for sale on the web down there!

-Who to buy from? Same thing there, there are a LOT of people online selling! -Or should we consider buying from a "local"?

What is a "fair price"? -We have seen a HUGE span of prices for (what looks like) comparable lots!

Thanx! Charles and Star Highlander.

P
P
I'd do some internet research into areas you like the sound of. Then come down and spend a few weeeks on a recce trip travelling around your several options to see your preferred areas in person and spend a week or two in each and pick one. Then live in a rented house in the preferred area for at least 6 months. If you still want to buy in that area you will by then know who is who and what is what.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.