Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hello all - first-timer and I apologize if I'm asking stupid questions. My husband and I are traveling to Ambergris Caye for the first time in July and I don't know how all of this works. I know we need a golf cart and maybe to take water taxis to get from where we are staying to San Pedro. Flights to BZE are $740/per person right now from Oklahoma City (ouch).

From the airport to Ambergris Caye - how do we get there? Plane or boat? How much does it cost and where do I go to book it? How much time do I need to leave in between? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! SO excited wink

Go to tropicair.com book your flight from International to San Pedro. $ 125.00 PP round trip.

M
OP Offline
M
You're wonderful - thank you! This trip is adding up - just realized golf carts are expensive too!!! haha

Melinda,
Go to tacogirl.com and look for the Tropic Air 10% discount. This works out great. Just print out your confirmation and present it at the Tropic Air desk. Pay for your flight (less the 10% discount) and off you go! I give myself about 45 minutes after landing at the International Airport to catch a flight to the island. If for some reason you are held up at Customs - don't sweat it, Tropic has planes flying to San Pedro all day long. Airlines want you to be at the airport 2 hours before your return flight to the States. You might consider waiting until you are on the island to decide if you will need a golf cart for your entire trip. There should be plenty of carts available in July if you want to go explore the "far" north and south of the island. The water taxi gets you north and south easily and is lots cheaper. They have a weekly pass that might help you out. Have a great time!
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Agree with P&D, we always use the Taco discount. she makes the reservation for you and sends you a coupon to use at the Trop counter, then you can pay cash or credit. Always no sweat!

Have a great trip and I'm sure you will be back!!!!!!!!!!! smile

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
M
OP Offline
M
You all are so helpful - thank you SO much! I can't wait smile

Are you sure you need a golf cart? Where are you staying?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
M
OP Offline
M
Otteralum - The Tree House. I believe it's 3.7 miles from San Pedro.

Melinda 79 your staying close to me ,just a short stroll up the beach.
In July you are surely going to have issues with mud on the road in a golfcart. My advice is just buy a weekly pass from Coastal Express, much cheaper and they run hourly and pick up and drop off on your dock.
The road adventure is in no way scenic.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I'm not sure Coastal Express does run hourly - at least not during the day anymore. They run about every two hours.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.