Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#408549 05/24/11 10:17 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone know if there is Sprint cell phone service on AC? When ever I talk with them I get a different answer so I thought I would ask those who have been there....we will be staying at Tranquility Bay for most of our trip but will be staying in SP for a few days.

Becky

J
J
I am looking also for a Service provider on AC for my iPad2? Can anyone help me plz...

I know Verizon works there......not sure about Sprint.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
R
ron Offline
R
I use my iPad on CC using wifi at any hot spot.

Originally Posted by Becky TV
Does anyone know if there is Sprint cell phone service on AC? When ever I talk with them I get a different answer so I thought I would ask those who have been there....we will be staying at Tranquility Bay for most of our trip but will be staying in SP for a few days.

Becky

Becky Sprint service DOES work in San Pedro, at least it did last month. Phone and SMS only, no data. Call Sprint and get the International roaming service to save some bucks. If you'er a BlackBerry freak like me have an extra Rum Punch and let it go, eventually the phantom buzzing of an incoming email will fade.

Glenn
Catchy phrase not included.
Originally Posted by Glenn in RI
Originally Posted by Becky TV

Becky

Becky Sprint service DOES work in San Pedro, at least it did last month. Phone and SMS only, no data. Call Sprint and get the International roaming service to save some bucks. If you'er a BlackBerry freak like me have an extra Rum Punch and let it go, eventually the phantom buzzing of an incoming email will fade.

Hi Glenn, I like that reply about letting it go ... I don't bring my Crackberry when I come to San Pedro, however, my wife is a little more hooked than me I guess ....
Jim

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the info, I usually don't tote the phone ever where but both of us are self employed and need to check in every once in a while.

R
ron Offline
R
Best bet, call Sprint to unlock your phone and buy a sim card in Belize then your calls are much cheaper. You can switch the sim cards back and forth so you can find out whether you have messages on the Sprint sim card and switch to the Belize Sim card to retrieve the messages and return any calls.

P
P
I think the point must be made that there is NO Sprint service here in Belize. If you make suitable arrangements you will be able to roam to Sprint from the local service (a choice of two) but it will be cheaper to cut off your right arm. A safe rule of thumb is that when you travel abroad you should not use your home phone service under any circumstances. If you will have important communications needs make other arrangements.

Originally Posted by PROBUS
If you make suitable arrangements you will be able to roam to Sprint from the local service (a choice of two) but it will be cheaper to cut off your right arm.

Depends on how much you value your arm. Lefties of course would probably give it up for a buck two eighty. Righties will pay US $1.49/min for voice and US $0.50 SEND and US $0.05 to RECEIVE SMS messages.

Speak clearly and talk fast smile

Glenn
Catchy phrase not included.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.