Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#408815 - 05/28/11 03:23 PM Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED!
Marty Offline
From lee100 on Belize Forums.....

Belize's current coat of arms features many outdated images which no longer represent the nation. In order to rectify the problem, I have taken it upon myself to completely redesign the coat of arms so it better reflects present and future reality,

for bigger version see here

among the changes:

1. got rid of the muscly white dude with axe, i mean, when's the last time anyone saw a topless muscly gringo walking around with an axe anyway? nope, the gringo's got to go!

2. replaced the axe murderer gringo with old, weed smoking hippie gringo, and no, that is not an hidden reference to our dear member komrade kommissar 2012: it's an overt reference.

3. got rid of the black dude with the paddle. and replaced him with a Rasta. my dealer, Bobby. saw me playing with photoshop and say he'd give me a free spliff if i put in a Rasta. so Rasta it is. Yes i know there is like only 50 Rastas in Belize, but who can say no to a free spliff? ya know what i mean?

4. got rid of the galleon or Ship of the Line or whatever.. Belize ain't Pirates of the Caribbean. Replaced the said ship with a safe, beautiful, revenue generating, job securing, environmentally friendly, will-never-spill-in-a-trillion year oil rig.

5. got rid of the tree cutting tools. I mean, when's the last time you see a homie cutting trees with a saw? get my drift?

6. put in tools that homies actually use: guns, hoes, and coke.

7 replaced the olive wreath with something that is of much better quality. it's a no brainer really. who smoke olive leaf?

8. did nothing to the tree, it spontaneously combusted: stuff tend to spontaneously combust then they're near perfectly safe non-polluting oil extracting mechanisms.

#408817 - 05/28/11 03:30 PM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: Marty]
azbob Offline
laugh laugh laugh

#408856 - 05/28/11 11:18 PM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: azbob]
pugwash Offline
Or you could combine the splif and belikin with a real handsome dude......in a green hat....yeah that would look great smile

#408857 - 05/29/11 12:30 AM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: pugwash]
Nova Offline
I'll buy it....well all but the "handsome" bit. Too many spliffs can make one hallucinate, ya know! crazy

#409929 - 06/15/11 07:45 PM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: Marty]
garza Offline
This is sick. If you hate Belize this much you should go back to wherever you came from. How would you like it if someone smeared excrement across the flags of North America? This is the same thing. That coat of arms does not belong to you. It is one of our loved and treasured symbols of nationhood, not a plaything. You should be ashamed to dishonour this country in this fashion.

#409949 - 06/16/11 01:14 AM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: garza]
klcman Offline
Originally Posted By: garza
This is sick. If you hate Belize this much you should go back to wherever you came from. How would you like it if someone smeared excrement across the flags of North America? This is the same thing. That coat of arms does not belong to you. It is one of our loved and treasured symbols of nationhood, not a plaything. You should be ashamed to dishonour this country in this fashion.

I seriously doubt thst the designer could care anything about a Norte Amricano flag. Did you happen to check out his/her locale(s)?

#409951 - 06/16/11 01:29 AM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: klcman]
Ernie B Offline
Good responce, Dude.

#409973 - 06/16/11 07:13 AM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: Marty]
Moby Offline
I like this one better since all the original coat of arms symbolizes to me is colonial invasion and exploitation of Belize and her indigenous people.

#409974 - 06/16/11 07:51 AM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: Marty]
garza Offline
If you are a Belizean and you believe any of the national symbols ought to be changed, then by all means propose making changes. But not something like this. This is a sick joke. This ridicules the nation. The person who drew this has no respect for Belize. Anyone who sees this as amusing has no respect for Belize. We have too many ignorant fat gringos who believe that by spreading some money around they prove how superior they are.

#409977 - 06/16/11 01:55 PM Re: Coat of Arms inaccuracies, FIXED! [Re: garza]
C2C
Garza, how do you know this was an "ignorant fat gringo" that drew the caricature? lee100 professes to be from Taiwan and Belize. Reads like you're the one with a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,039 Topics
462,246 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.