Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dogger Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Im new here, hopefully become an active user on this board. I recently visited Belize and as with the country and Island I have also grown very attached to a woman I met while visiting.

I am trying to send her a package from amazon.com but she is unsure of what the address format I use. She lives in San Juan, is this the correct format?

Her Full Name
San Juan Area, San Pedro
Belize, 00000

Does she just have to visit the post office periodically or will she be notified when her package arrives at the post office?

Thanks so much Guys!!!

B
B
What's Her Name
General Delivery
San Pedro Town
Ambergris Caye
Belize, Central America

A phone # wouldn't hurt.
Spell out Central America or it will go to California for a few months.

P
P
Also be aware she will be charged duty, environment tax & gst when she receives the package = 10-50% of the value of the goods

And she will have to check at the post office to see if it has arrived. Depending on what shipping option you choose it can be 4-21 days.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
D
Dogger Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it.

One other quick question, does digicell prepaid cell phones really get free incoming calls? even international?

I have read this a couple places...

D
Dogger Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ive been looking on the goverment website but theres no clear cut explanation with duty.

If i were to ship a used iphone to belize what do they base the duty off of? Would it be the retail price in belize? Are there any tricks to help reduce the duty costs? Perhaps if I included an invoice for a specific amount?

it says cell phones are 22% duty plus 10%

Make sure you write used phone on customs declaration.

Duty can really vary here are 2 examples - paid $12 bzd for a lap top knapsack thought was a very fair price. Was charged $80 bzd for some skincare products which I thought was over the top expensive. When I asked why so much I got the reply 'lotions are expensive'

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

R
ron Offline
R
If you have an invoice use it. That way there is no argument as to what item is worth. Make sure the invoice is current. If you bought the iphone 2 years ago don't use that one since customs is liable to use that to determine value.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.