Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40911 06/15/01 04:21 PM
Y
ybon Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I know that you get alot of repeat questions But here goes another. What do I need to take when I visit in November, I'm starting to get everything in order and do not want to have to worry that I'll forget anything.
Also for anyone looking for airfare try the Skyauction web sight. I just bought my airfare though Sky auction and only paid $550 from milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is a great fare since i could only find fares around $800 before. It is an auction sight but well worth it.

#40912 06/15/01 04:37 PM
D
D
Hey ybon,
I am headed to AC in Novemeber as well. If you haven't already bought your tickets, Discountair.com has a rate of $459.00 before tax from Milwaukee to Belize City. I am flying out of Las Vegas and got the same fare. I shopped around for a long while, and Discountair is the cheapest I've found it, and you don't even have to bid! The airline is Continental(they don't disclose the carrier until after you purchase), but I found out before purchasing by researching flight numbers and times. Best wishes!

Shannon

#40913 06/15/01 06:04 PM
M
M
ybon..we are so jealous! Take:plenty of film (including underwater disposables) and sunscreen,after sun or aloe gel,Rhuligel for any bites(great stuff),benadryl cream, cortisone cream,tylenol/aspirin or ibuprofen,a hat,flash light,batteries (also for cameras), dollar bills and fives for tips(or street vendors,kids selling beaded items,etc).And..bandaids! Any snack items you may want..peanut butter,crackers, cookies.....just remember,any of these items will cost a lot more on AC. Have a wonderful time! Where did you decide to stay?

Mary and Scott
#40914 06/15/01 06:16 PM
Y
ybon Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks Desert, but I already booked my flight, Yeahhhh! I think i got a good deal, oh well to late now, I'm on my way!

Mary and Scott, We are staying at Casa Tortuga. It is a wedding gift to us since we are getting married in belize. I can't wait! I count down the days and watch this board all the time looking for tips. Any words of advice?

#40915 06/15/01 07:19 PM
T
T
Hey, Ybon! Where are you getting married? I'm getting married at the SunDiver on Sept. 2. Any good ideas you are using for your wedding that I could steal? Always looking for fun ideas.

#40916 06/15/01 08:52 PM
M
M
ybon..our advice..do rent a golf cart(others disagree, but we loved it!),do eat from the street vendors; and if the children come by with the wonderful things their moms have made, buy them!.Do buy food at Celi's Deli to go and take it back to your room for great eats:tamales,garnaches,mayan burritos,meat pies,etc...great food.Never ate at Celi's restaurant,but it must be good also! Eat at Estel's by the sea,especially for breakfast. Elvi's is great, just don't get the steaks! Take the time to go to Papi's Diner..ask the locals..it's on Front Street,near the cut in the river. Great food,cheap.Enjoy the locals..very friendly,wonderful people! And most of all, enjoy your wedding and honeymoon. Do let us all know how much you loved the magic of AC! Best wishes to you and your soon to be spouse.

Mary and Scott
#40917 06/15/01 09:42 PM
Ybon:

We'll be a few doors down in Nov. We'll probably take a walk across your beach and meet up one day! We'll be hitting AC on 11/6 coming in from Caves Branch. We decided to do Mainland first this time. If your still around, we'd love to meet up with some folks from the board.

Bonnie

#40918 06/17/01 12:46 PM
Y
ybon Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Turnburn - we are just getting married on the beach infront of casa tortuga, we are staying there so thought why not! We are really having a low key wedding, only about 15 people and no hoopla just a quiet wedding. Congrates to you on your wedding coming up and Please let us know all about it when you come home!

Bonnie, Please stop by and say hello! We will be there from the 8th - 14th and we are sooo excited. I just really need to get away and of course I can't wait to be Married (It's been 6yrs that we have been together so it's about time).
I remember you saying you were married in belize, what fun stuff did you do?

#40919 06/17/01 03:30 PM
D
D
Hmmmmmm...my man of 8 years and I will be on AC in November. All this talk about getting married...maybe I should try convincing him that Belize would be a great place to "tie the knot". [Linked Image] He wanted to wait until we graduated, but I am thinking gradutaion is only a year away and November is only half a year before that. [Linked Image] Thanks for the great idea you guys...lol. My man especially thanks you! [Linked Image]

*Shannon*

#40920 06/17/01 03:58 PM
There's an excellent and lengthy thread from late last year that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about this subject -- It's titled "So what am I going to forget to pack in my luggage......" -- just search for it using the search utility at the top right.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.