pening ceremonies were held yesterday for a three classroom building at the San Pedro High School grounds.

Jorge Aldana reporting....
"The San Pedro Junior College now has its own facilities. That's because on Thursday evening, opening ceremonies were held for the inauguration of a three classroom facility. The building is located on the compound of the San Pedro High School and as such will also be used as part of the facilities for the high school. The sixth form building was name "The Honorable Manuel Heredia Jr. Hall" Speaking at the event was the Area Representative Manuel Heredia Jr. who explained how the building came about.

Minister Manuel Heredia Jr. - Area Representative, Belize Rural South
"We have to empower our young people in order for us to have a brighter tomorrow and for that definitely I have confidence in my government, I have confidence in my cabinet colleague and I can assure you that the high school would be a reality. No sooner had I brought it to my colleagues at Cabinet about the possibility of doing the high school, one I said do we have the money, the Prime Minister said the money is not there. I said Prime Minister there is a plan, we have identified government land that we can sell and we can make use of that, it will be equivalent to having that money and all my colleagues agreed."

Guest speaker at the event was the Minister of Education and Youth, Hon. Patrick Faber. Minister Faber told the gathering that Minister Heredia has been supportive of the programs approved in the education system on the islands and the country. Monies for the construction of the building were secured through Grand Belizeans Estate Limited in exchange of a parcel of land on Northern Ambergris Caye which was the property of the Government of Belize. The building is estimated to cost some $350,000."

LOVEFM