Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#409334 - 06/06/11 10:12 AM San Pedro Express Water Taxi ?
der3d7 Offline
I went online this morning to reserve two tickets for the San Pedro Express Water Taxi out of Belize City. When getting ready to pay I noticed the tickets would be shipped to me and this creates a problem. My wife and I fly in Tuesday June 14th. Will the tickets arrive in time if I go through with the order or would I be better off buying tickets in person when I arrive?

#409335 - 06/06/11 10:17 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
shuffles Offline
Get them when you arrive. I doubt they will get to you in time. Is there an option to print the tickets yourself?
Change your Latitude

#409336 - 06/06/11 10:19 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: shuffles]
der3d7 Offline
I did not see an option to print them myself. I was hoping since we were coming in on a Tuesday the water taxi might be less likely to fill up as fast. Our flight arrives at about 10:30 am with the water taxi leaving for San Pedro at 12 pm. I was hoping this would give us time to get a cab and buy tickets at the water taxi place.

#409339 - 06/06/11 10:22 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
Diane Campbell Offline
No the tickets will not reach you by mail in time for your trip. The boat is not a reservation-seating kind of thing anyway - just show up and get a ticket and go.

Most of us recommend the local airline instead if you are arriving from out of country. Much easier. The boat can be very crowded and may not be very comfortable - you see more from the air.

If you do take the boat, please note that there are no bathrooms on it - don't drink anything for a while before you get on board - 1 hour 45 minutes of possibly bumpy boat-ride with nothing to be done about it if nature calls. There is a good public toilet at the water taxi terminal.

#409341 - 06/06/11 10:37 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
Phil Offline
That is quite a tight schedule to catch the 12pm boat and you might miss it. Typically it's an hour from landing to walking out of the door of the airport and a taxi is then a half hour drive to the Water Taxi Terminal. This only allows a half hour comfort zone for flight delays, baggage reclaim delays, customs delays, traffic problems etc. Just buy your ticket on arrival at the Water Taxi.

Further to Dianes point the Water Taxi can add four or five hours to an already long day if you are unlucky with boat departure times and arrive just as one has left. Are potentially five hours of extra travel worth the savings of flying to you? Many of our guests who are looking at this option do so not for budget reasons but as until reassured they wrongly assume the safety of the local airlines is questionable in a third World Country.

#409342 - 06/06/11 10:38 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: Diane Campbell]
der3d7 Offline
I figured the water taxi ride would be the more comfortable way to go since I am 300+ lb guy. I have done a little research and heard the island hoppers can be very crowded and tight.

#409343 - 06/06/11 10:42 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
The Baker Offline
Simply print the confirmation email and show it at the counter to get the tickets. This works ... I already did it this way.
THE BAKER, Front Street, San Pedro Town
7 days a week 7 am to 7 pm
Phone 206-2036

#409344 - 06/06/11 10:48 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
Phil Offline
True, the flights will be full as they're thirteen seat aircraft shifting a 200 seat Intl. Jet passenger list. Water Taxi can be, but less likely, just as packed if not worse, with little regard for max passenger numbers. I'm 6'4" and 200lb and it can be a little tight but I've seen much larger people regularly do it and it's twenty minutes of discomfort with the worst of it just getting into and out of your seat. At least you now know a bit more info to make your choice.

#409346 - 06/06/11 10:50 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: Phil]
der3d7 Offline

Do they have a maximum weight that you can be to get on Tropic air plane to san pedro? I am considering flying in if they will take a guy that weighs about 390.

#409348 - 06/06/11 11:01 AM Re: San Pedro Express Water Taxi ? [Re: der3d7]
Diane Campbell Offline
If you weigh 390 it's better to take the boat.
They need the heaviest people up front to stabilize the plane and it's really hard for super-sized folks to get up front.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.