Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#410414 - 06/23/11 11:15 AM Can you buy booze from the airport and take it San
Hunter45 Offline
Last year we were in the Airport waiting for our plane to take us home to the states and I seen passengers that just arrived and they were buying booze to take to San perdo. Is that possible and if it is, how much can you bring to San Perdo from the airport? THANKS

#410416 - 06/23/11 01:17 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it San [Re: Hunter45]
shuffles Offline
There is an "inbound" duty free shop at Belize International. You MUST go to it before you go through customs. You can bring in 4 bottles of liquor per person. If you stop at duty free in the US on your way in, it's one bottle per person.

#410425 - 06/23/11 02:54 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it San [Re: shuffles]
Bear Offline
Something is going off in my head about this...I'm checking and will post again later but I believe you are "required" to use the Declare Line with said 4 liters of duty free liquor.

Last time we went through I'm pretty sure I saw a sign in the airport something to the effect of

"You must declare all goods blah blah including Duty free....blah blah blah"

Also, and again I'm checking but I think you are responsible for duty on more than 1 liter...at that point waiting until you're in town may be worth your while unless its booze other than Belizean...in other words "if its Belizean there is no reason..."

I'll get back on this one, as usual how the Officers of the day choose to apply the regs is another matter as they never seem to be consistent...Shuffles do remeber see the sign 'm talking about?

Edited by Bear (06/23/11 03:15 PM)
Edit Reason: I hate bolded characters

#410438 - 06/23/11 03:13 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it San [Re: Bear]
t42 Offline
So go thru the declare line it is either four or five liters per person duty free no worries.

#410445 - 06/23/11 03:28 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it San [Re: t42]
Loansum-Al K Offline
Four bottles per person............NO Duty

#410448 - 06/23/11 03:46 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it [Re: Loansum-Al K]
SnoopysMom Offline
I can confirm no duty. I suppose the prices are a bit higher than the states, but way less than Belize. The selection is not large either. It is a bit of a hassle juggling things around / having to pack them in your bags (liquids) for the Tropic or Maya flight, but well worth the $$$s.

#410452 - 06/23/11 04:02 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it [Re: Hunter45]
Bigduck77 Offline
We arived last Saturday and bought a oouple of bottles inbound before leaving BZE for the muni airport. We found it very advantageous to buy it there as it is a better deal and also gave us a very short line through customs. Most everyone stays in right line with nothing to declare but we crusied to front of declare line and gave them our receipt for the booze we just bought. SnoopysMom is right that ther isnt a great selection. No One Barrel which was a bummer. Writing this on my hammock overlooking the water at our villa so life is good!

#410455 - 06/23/11 04:31 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it [Re: Hunter45]
shuffles Offline
Yes you do have to go through the "declare" line and show the receipt to the officials. No hassles. Be sure there is enough room in your checked bags to get them on the domestic flight.

#410457 - 06/23/11 04:35 PM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it [Re: Hunter45]
SFJeff Offline
no need for local rums to be represented there as they are cheap enough here in town... real savings is in the whisky and tequila dept.

#410483 - 06/24/11 01:35 AM Re: Can you buy booze from the airport and take it [Re: Hunter45]
Bear Offline
Looks like the duty portion got answered based on peoples' experiences (which is what counts!) but I was glad to find that I wasnt nuts as I did find the reference to 1 liter per person on the 1 Liter ~ Bz Customs & Excise Dept

Edited by Bear (06/24/11 02:18 AM)
Edit Reason: link edit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (BrownDogs, Scuba do, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,227 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.