Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
Last year we were in the Airport waiting for our plane to take us home to the states and I seen passengers that just arrived and they were buying booze to take to San perdo. Is that possible and if it is, how much can you bring to San Perdo from the airport? THANKS

There is an "inbound" duty free shop at Belize International. You MUST go to it before you go through customs. You can bring in 4 bottles of liquor per person. If you stop at duty free in the US on your way in, it's one bottle per person.

Change your Latitude
Something is going off in my head about this...I'm checking and will post again later but I believe you are "required" to use the Declare Line with said 4 liters of duty free liquor.

Last time we went through I'm pretty sure I saw a sign in the airport something to the effect of

"You must declare all goods blah blah including Duty free....blah blah blah"

Also, and again I'm checking but I think you are responsible for duty on more than 1 liter...at that point waiting until you're in town may be worth your while unless its booze other than Belizean...in other words "if its Belizean there is no reason..."

I'll get back on this one, as usual how the Officers of the day choose to apply the regs is another matter as they never seem to be consistent...Shuffles do remeber see the sign 'm talking about?

Last edited by Bear; 06/23/11 09:15 AM. Reason: I hate bolded characters
T
t42 Offline
T
So go thru the declare line it is either four or five liters per person duty free no worries.

Four bottles per person............NO Duty

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
I can confirm no duty. I suppose the prices are a bit higher than the states, but way less than Belize. The selection is not large either. It is a bit of a hassle juggling things around / having to pack them in your bags (liquids) for the Tropic or Maya flight, but well worth the $$$s.

B
B
We arived last Saturday and bought a oouple of bottles inbound before leaving BZE for the muni airport. We found it very advantageous to buy it there as it is a better deal and also gave us a very short line through customs. Most everyone stays in right line with nothing to declare but we crusied to front of declare line and gave them our receipt for the booze we just bought. SnoopysMom is right that ther isnt a great selection. No One Barrel which was a bummer. Writing this on my hammock overlooking the water at our villa so life is good!

Yes you do have to go through the "declare" line and show the receipt to the officials. No hassles. Be sure there is enough room in your checked bags to get them on the domestic flight.

Change your Latitude
S
S
no need for local rums to be represented there as they are cheap enough here in town... real savings is in the whisky and tequila dept.

Looks like the duty portion got answered based on peoples' experiences (which is what counts!) but I was glad to find that I wasnt nuts as I did find the reference to 1 liter per person on the 1 Liter ~ Bz Customs & Excise Dept

Last edited by Bear; 06/23/11 08:18 PM. Reason: link edit
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.