Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#410591 06/25/11 09:32 AM
OP Offline
Hands Across the Sand! The day is here, if everyone on the beach on Ambergris Caye today at 5 minutes to 12:00 just walks out on the beach and joins hands for GREEN energy and against oil drilling for 15 minutes it just might be a success! I will be at Holiday Hotel at 11:30am.
http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/

Cherie Chenot-Rose
ACES/American Crocodile Education Sanctuary
Help Take a Bite Out of Extinction!
This was a total bust - only 8 people got the message in time as it had been posted as 11am for days. It's a shame there were tons of folks at the park that wanted to participate.

But, we can always do it again soon and get the word out accurately and wide spread.

I hope to participate.

Amanda, what a shame! we were hoping to scoot over by Cholo's at 12 but a bunch of people came in needing lunch and we didn't make it.

Can it be done again?

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
OP Offline
Technically everyone was to start meeting at 11am at Holiday Hotel, and the event itself happened at noon Worldwide. Sorry for any confusion. I walked the beach from 11:00-11:30 passing out flyers about it and we had 9 people actually do it. It will be a yearly event, so hopefully we can make a bigger impact next year. Lots of time to prepare. I did send it out to all the media houses but few published anything prior to it. It was sponsored by Oceanus and I wondered why there wasn't anything from them here in Belize about it. Anyways, here's a pic of those who were at Holiday Hotel at Noon. Hmmmm. No photo upload? How does one post a photo URL?

Cherie Chenot-Rose
ACES/American Crocodile Education Sanctuary
Help Take a Bite Out of Extinction!
A lot of folks that were working at the central park had wanted to participate - but we were tied to our booths and preparations so couldn't hang around for an hour. After being told 2 different times we just hoped that the human chain would reach the park so we could join in.

The park is a traditional place to start such events so it might be a good meeting place next year.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.