Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#411147 - 07/04/11 06:59 PM Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings
LaraTravelBelize Offline
A small family home was destroyed yesterday near the South Marina near DFC. The family has lost literally every single item except those on their backs. Have a 3 year old daughter too. Thankfully, no one was hurt as the family had gone out for tacos and returned to devastation yesterday mid-day.

Beth Hart is doing a collection. They need everything from household goods, toiletries, clothing (small or xsm for woman, size 7 shoes), girls size 4.5 and mens pant size 32.

Call La Perla and ask for Beth to sort out donations if you have anything you'd like to give to help them get back on their feet.

The mother, Vanessa, insisted on going to work today. Tells you what sort of person she is. so sad.
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#411148 - 07/04/11 07:01 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
RI Beth Offline
Thank you so much Lara!

Anyone who is able to help out can reach me at 635-0686, or 226-5888.

Beth

#411150 - 07/04/11 08:05 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
Diane Campbell Offline
HI - I'll start going through our stuff to see what we can find.
Am wondering if Beth might be so kind as to update us on things as they come in so we can focus on what they need most?

#411154 - 07/04/11 08:25 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
RI Beth Offline
Hi Diane,

I will post an update tomorrow.

We are all set on sheets, towels, and pillows, at this time.

Thanks very much!

Beth

#411155 - 07/04/11 08:40 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
Diane Campbell Offline
Perfect. Info much appreciated.

#411157 - 07/04/11 08:49 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: Diane Campbell]
Decompression Offline
Where will the family stay ?

DC

#411158 - 07/04/11 09:43 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
RI Beth Offline

The family has temporary housing right now. A longer term solution will need to be found. When I know more, I'll post.

Thanks!

Beth

#411216 - 07/05/11 04:04 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
RI Beth Offline
UPDATE!

Thanks to some very generous contributions, Vanessa and her family now have:

Sheets, towels, pillows
Men's clothing
Toiletries
Underwear
Women's shoes/slippers

Several people are working on little girls clothing (size 4/5).

We have some kitchen supplies, but can use more (i.e. plates & cookware). A microwave oven would be greatly appreciated as the family's temporary housing does not have kitchen facilities.

Please call me (Beth) at 635-0686 or Amanda at 226-5888 if you can help.

Thank you!

#411239 - 07/05/11 10:27 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
Diane Campbell Offline
More ladies clothes welcome?
Do they need any furniture?

#411243 - 07/05/11 11:18 PM Re: Fire Destroys ALL family's Belongings [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
RI Beth Offline
Hi Diane,

Yes, ladies clothing and furniture are both needed. Vanessa is a tiny lady (size 1/2). They have no furniture at all.

Thank you!

Beth

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.