Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Considering their "entire second floor" option for 3 couples. Anyone been there that can offer an opinion on this? The Otters like to be close to town and this certainly fits the bill. Anything stumbling distance from BCs gets my vote, but how about service and condition of the property?

Thanks.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
F
F
I've stayed there twice, once in 2003 and once in 2006. Five years ago the place was really nice. Great location, and access is in the back so you can leave the balcony doors open all night on the second floor. The staff was unobtrusive, but the cleaning lady even washed our dishes for us every day. The folks that ran it then were friendly, and I had a great experience both times. I have no idea if the same people own it now. It looks the same from the outside, and looks well kept, but I haven't been inside for 5 years. If I go in town today I will take a closer look if I can.

Otter, Brenda and I have stayed there on the 2nd floor twice and loved it. Clean, safe,nicely decorated and Ken and Virginia are really good to work with.
Of course it is crawling distance from BC's, so how can you go wrong!! PM me if you want more details and I'm sure we have pictures.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
Thanks Bob -- trying to get a response. Do they have internet access? I try to stay away, but Mrs. O. will need to check in at work a couple times.

Lastly, it says it sleeps 6 -- are there 3 separate rooms on the second floor they are renting togther? All 3 couples would want their own private bedroom.

E
E
Gittin pretty dang picky there Otter smile

OP Offline
Mary and I can get pretty wild E, but since we entered our 40s, we tend to stay away from key parties and the like these days smile

S
S
if you are having trouble contacting them you might try Ana Lawson [email protected] she is the new manager there

S
S
I may be wrong but I only see 2 units on the second floor and I know someone is living in one of the units full time.

OP Offline
Thanks folks. I will follow-up as recommended!

B
B
Hard to explain but the previous owners reconfigured the second floor a couple of times. My wife and I always liked BR, the first place we ever went and it was our preferred location of choice. Well kept and well appointed. On the simpler side though when we first started coming it was probably on the upper end of accommodations in the area. It's great being able to walk to everything in town. Our first stay was on the second floor in the unit which at the time was a 2br, 2ba. On the other side of the stairwell was Ken's (owner at that time) small studio unit. You had two balconies in the 2br unit. Later they reconfigured so that the unit had 1 br and two ba, and gave some of the space to a second unit. Only thing that wasn't great was that on the weekends (with your windows open) you could hear a lot of people out and about and playing in the water that close to town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.