Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#41151 - 06/22/01 04:46 PM Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
JMK Offline
My boyfriend (who is a much better traveler that I am) has put me in charge of finding accomodations for our trip to AC- August 4th through the 12th. We are looking for a diving package with some flexibility. We will spend the better part of our time diving but may want to do 1 or 2 day trips to the mainland. I've read a lot about Ramon's but would like to hear some opinions. We're looking for a place that's very nice and comfortable... clean and safe. Not too far of a walk from most things. If you have other suggestions, please post. Thanks for your help.

- Jamie

#41152 - 06/22/01 05:04 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
Florian Offline
If a regular hotel, rather then a resort, would do, I can reccomend the Mayan Prinicss as being clean and fairly spacious one-bedroom condo-type accomadations with a friendly and courtious staff. Very centrally located. There is no pool or resturant, but the ocean is right out back and there are tons of resturants within walking distance.

If you want a beach resort, then another place would probably be better. If you want a nice clean hotel in the middle of town with a pretty nice beach out back, then consider the MP.

#41153 - 06/22/01 05:20 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
Big Frank Offline
IMAHO Ramons will satisfy any and every desire most humans will have. If it is in your budget book it, and seriously, don't worry your pretty little head. There are many other less expensive spots, and a few more expensive, but most would agree that Ramons is wonderful. Also some of the more pricey ones are further from town and would require some taxi or golfcart fees, so you will save on that as Ramons is right there.

#41154 - 06/22/01 05:54 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
Over_40_Pirate Offline
Jamie, a group of us from the board will be meeting at the Purple Parrot (bar @ Ramon's) on Tues eve., Aug 7th. You and your boyfriend are more than welcome to join us!

#41155 - 06/22/01 06:34 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
JMK Offline
Wow! That's awesome!!! Thanks for the invitation. Count us in! I am really excited about this trip... I've been wanting to go to Belize for such a long time now and I can't believe we're actually going. So, who exactly are the people on this board? Is it just a mix of inquisitive travelers, Belize die hards and locals?

#41156 - 06/22/01 07:13 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
CHOOCHOO Offline
JMK,
The mix is exactly as you've described, with a few curmudgeons, panhandlers, exhibitionists, axe murderers, over drinkers and over eaters thrown in to make it more lively.

#41157 - 06/25/01 11:43 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
KOZ FROM DENVER Offline
JMK

I know a lot of people are hip on Romones, we ate their twice and it was very nice, I hear that it is popular because its well known with a lot of travel agents.

A good alternative in my opinion would be Banyan Bay, it has a nicer pool and its not as expensive as Ramones.

It's also close to Ramones. And right on the beach.

--just one mans opinion

#41158 - 06/28/01 11:07 PM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
SLY-SCUBA-DENISE Offline
Hi there....We just got back From Ambergris and loved it!!! We stayed at the Exotic Caye/Playador Resort. It was ok, has a kitchen and fresh water pool. We made new friends ther at the Crazy Canucks Bar, Don & Carol are the owners and are great people!! As for the diving I would try Patojo's Diving. He is a native there with a wonderful staff. They will pick you up, gear you up and take you to great destinations. They were absolutely excellent!! We went through Aqua Dives for the Blue Hole and had a good day. Be prepared if you dive the Blue Hole to be out all day 6:00 to 6:00 but well worth it. We loved it so much there we are returning on July 20th....Have a great time...let me know if you have any other questions....Denise

#41159 - 06/29/01 12:27 AM Re: Ramon's Village- What's the Word?
Sunkissed Offline
I stayed at Paradise Villas and thought it was very nice. Doesn't have a bar or restaurant but then who wants to eat at the same place every night and there is a palapa bar on the beach right next door. If you want to confuse yourself totally, go to the search option up top and type in the names of these places and you will have more information than you will know what to do with. Enjoy yourself!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (t42, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.