Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#412476 07/26/11 02:41 AM
B
OP Offline
B
can anyone give me an update on how's the food at the new Mister Joe's Restaurant?

B
B
Lone Star Grill and Cantina, formerly Mr. Joe's offers really good breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were down in San Pedro during Lobster Fest and dined at the Lone Star twice. Excellent country fried steak. Lots of different menu items to choose from including many Tex-Mex selections. Fried pickles on the appetizer menu are wonderful and the tortilla soup is very rich and hardy. You will not be disappointed. Joe and Rhonda have done an excellent job in transforming the former grocery store/grill into a nice sit down (inside or on the porch) restaurant and bar.

L
L
They always do a great job. Can't wait to get down next week and give it a try.

R.B. Mernitz
JZB Offline
They serve excellent Margaritas too!

AND...Incredibly comfortable clean atmosphere. Perfect way to spend an afternoon....Joe & Rhonda are gracious hosts and good company.....Love the Sombreros....Did I spell that right?

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Good to hear!

B
OP Offline
B
thanks for the update. coming down in a couple of weeks and can't wait to give it a try.

B
B
Will be down in Nov and would LOVE to try it out. Where are they located?

S
S
go past the water treatment plant off the cobblestone headed south until you take your second short jog east,when you are looking at the police substation turn right there and it is on the right within 100 feet or so.

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
it's the best chicken fried steak i have ever had not mention the free chips and cold beer

H
H
I coincidentally had the fried steak at Lone Star over the weekend. I have to agree with ecodiver on how good it is!

My husband is not a message board user....However, he wanted me to be sure and let all of you know that he really likes the Chicken Fried Steak at the Lone Star, and the gravy is fantastic....He had it 3 times in one week during our last visit....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Originally Posted by ecodiver
it's the best chicken fried steak i have ever had not mention the free chips and cold beer

Wait!....they have free cold beer?!!! wink

C
C
Mr Joe's Lonestar is great! All of the previous posts are spot on - we ate there several times during the month of June as well as stopped in some days just for a beverage. Even if you aren't staying on the south end, it is worth the trip!

Live Laugh Love
Anybody got a phone number for the Lone Star? I stopped in there a few weeks ago, and the chicken fried steak looked great.

Thanks.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
C
Pelican Reef should know, the CFS was great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.