Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#413095 08/03/11 09:03 AM
OP Offline
I am looking at three different lodges in the Cayo District to spend 3 nights before coming to Ambergris[yea!]. They are Pook's Hill, Table Rock or Mariposa. Anyone have any input or suggestions?

P
P
Never been to the second or third place but love Pooks Hill - it's been our go to jungle spot for years and we send quite a few guests there on split destinatrion stays. Great place in serious Jungle, not bush. Wildlife and birdlife is very good, built around an onsite Mayan ruin, river, close to ATM Caves -Make sure you go - great food and well run at a good price. Nothing agaisnt the others as said but Pooks Hill will deliver if you pick them.

Have heard wonderful things about Pook's Hill also.
Further you may wish to look into Mystic River - it's right on the river bluffs with remarkable views, beautiful rooms and great food.

Have stayed at Mystic River a couple of times and the place is spectacular, including the food and the service.

Brenda from East Tennessee
Mystic River for sure....incredible wildlife sightings.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
DuPlooy's

I've stayed at all three. You probably can't go wrong with any of them. I just stayed at Table Rock and was very impressed by the food there, and also by the management. Pook's Hill is excellent, too, and you can go to ATM from there. It has been for sale, but I'm sure that doesn't affect operations. Mariposa has a swimming pool now, which would feel good on a hot day.

There are other good lodges in the same area, off the Cristo Rey Road, as Table Rock and Mariposa -- Mystic River as has been mentioned and also a new small place with a pool, Inn the Bush.

--Lan Sluder

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.