Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#413255 08/04/11 09:32 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi everyone,
You all have been so right about how amazingly beautiful, tranquil and special this island is. The people (who all speak three languages), the sea, the food at Robin's (highly recommended-we've eaten three meals), the cafe con leche (and Lettie) right in front of the park, the papayas at Maria's. All the information and tips everyone has supplied us with are definitely being utilized. I apologize to anyone who wrote to me because I had not discovered pm's until someone mentioned it today.
I raise my glass of Belizean rum to all of you and am sure that your generosity will come boomeranging back to you. A la vida!!

Last edited by lisanuevayork; 08/04/11 09:36 PM.
P
P
Where is Robin's?

how about Rubys?

L
OP Offline
L
Robins is not to be missed. We had takeout again tonight.h e is from Jamaica and he and Angie are out there day and night, grilling jerk chicken and some delicious fish. It is on the road coming from the south right after La Divina Providencia sign. I think Maria's fruit stand is right before it on the left. It is yummy and cheap. Don't know Ruby's yet. Tomorrow night a local woman named Marfa is cooking dinner for eight. Our neighbors did it and she cooked calamari, coconut Shrrmp, snapper wrapped on banana leaves, lobster and home made coconut pie all for around $15 per person and of course she does all the shopping.

NJG Offline
Robin's
Is across from Royal Palms.Not after but before La Divina.
Its a place JOHN Harvey's family runs.
He also sells BBQ at the park on Sundays and donates the funds to the school..Great food good local folks.

L
L
Is it Marfa or Marva? Do you have a contact for her?

R.B. Mernitz
L
OP Offline
L
Sorry about the bad directions about Robin's.

Pretty sure it is Marfa and she cleans the two houses (casa de lisa and casa redonda) and also cooks for alot of people who stay here I think. I will get her number and post it here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.