But residents of the Queen Square area need a patience tonic to put up with a long delayed bridge that the ministry of works has been erecting.

The bridge spans the north creek canal - and replaces an old pedestrian crossing. To be sure, it is an impressive, hulking structure. But is it too much for the setting. It seems that engineers have been having some difficulty figuring out the approach on the north creek side because the main span towers four feet above the street.

Work has been ongoing for over a year - and it has come to a halt for the past many months.

So we asked Works Minister Martinez, what's up with the bridge:

Hon. Anthony "Boots" Martinez - Minister of Works
"The Ministry is getting ready to fix the approaches for it. Hopefully that should be completed in-"

Jules Vasquez
"So it did have a design flaw."

Hon. Anthony "Boots" Martinez
"Yes - No Not a design flaw, we are getting ready to build the approaches for it."

Jules Vasquez
"Why has it taken so long? Work has stopped and it's this huge structure. I don't understand - I mean I'm not an engineer, but it just seems that it's oversized."

"Me neither, sir, and that is why I have been - I'm just the Minister."

Jules Vasquez
"But has there been a problem with it? Because we see it's taken forever - a very long time, let me be specific - and inordinately long time, and we see that work has also stopped."

"Well, it's just the approaches. The bridge is finished. The approach is not completed, but bridge structure is finished."

Jules Vasquez
"Is there a problem with it?"

"No, it's not a problem."

Jules Vasquez
"Why has work stopped?"

"Because the Ministry is getting ready to put the proper approach to it."

Jules Vasquez
"Why - I don't want to sound simple, but looking at it, it just seems like it has taken a long time, and it's a bit large. How much longer will it take to complete?"

"I'd say 3 weeks to a month."

Jules Vasquez
"You agree that it's taking and usual amount-"

"Yes, I too, have to agree that it's taken long."

Jules Vasquez
"Why has it taken so long?"

"Well, I have checked with my Ministry, and they say that they are preparing the best way to the approach for it."

Following up on increasingly impatient queries we have been receiving from area residents over the past few months - we'll follow the progress - or lack thereof - with this bridge going forward.

Residents say, the absence of a viable crossing, forces them to have to go all the way around the boulevard to get across the canal.

Channel 7