Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#413742 - 08/12/11 01:41 PM beach access
catdance62 Offline
I do not post on here very often because my property is near Placencia, but I read with interest, that some property owners are limiting access to the beach north of the split? What is the story there?

#413747 - 08/12/11 02:25 PM Re: beach access [Re: catdance62]
elbert Offline
Lack of enforcement and general impotence in government.

#413762 - 08/12/11 03:41 PM Re: beach access [Re: catdance62]
Marty Online   happy

Caye Caulker residents complain of limited access to beach

Harrison Cadle

So while the extraction of rosewood is an issue in the south, residents of Caye Caulker are complaining that owners of beachfront property are obstructing sections of the seashore prohibiting pedestrians to access other parts of the island. Harrison Cadle, who has owned a parcel of land on the northern end of Caye Caulker for the past seventeen years, complains that a recent development on that side of the Split is blocking public access along the beach. According to Cadle, despite having brought the issue to the attention of the village council, nothing has been done to enforce the sixty feet rule which is the law that applies to beachfront property. Cadle is now appealing to area representative Manuel Heredia Jr. to intervene and provide residents with proper access to the other side of the island.

Harrison Cadle, Caye Caulker Resident

ďWe have the beach in Caye Caulker for instance right, you on the beach and you go and dock your boat [and] there are pegs in the water you know. There are pegs in the water and you canít [pass nearby], public access is not there anymore. Itís all peopleís properties, I mean I want to know where we can buy some [beachfront] property. I would like for sure to find out where we can buy beach because the law says that weíre suppose to respect the beach and the beach is for the public, you know. I see pegs in the water and it worries me because in the future when the north side is developing where are we going to be walking? Weíre going to be walking in the water, you know. So I wish the government is listening or if someoneís out there listening to see this problem to come and check it out. I mean they are granting people property for the beach, I mean itís unfair whatís going on. We have a law that says that we are suppose to respect the beach and weíre not doing it. People are buying the beach so I want to know if they can sell me piece because I have a piece of property there and I would like to put a bridge. There is no access to go across the Split. I have my land for the past seventeen years and I havenít sold my land. A lot of people had property and they sold their property because they donít have no access to go across. We need access to go across the Split, you know. So Iím appealing to the government or Mr. Heredia if heís hearing to please come and help us. We need a little assistance you know.Ē

Channel 5

#413801 - 08/13/11 05:51 AM Re: beach access [Re: catdance62]
catdance62 Offline
i have some people in Placencia really interested in this. Considering the level of development on the peninesula, if someone tried to do that there, it could get real ugly, real quick

#413816 - 08/13/11 03:31 PM Re: beach access [Re: catdance62]
elbert Offline

Edited by elbert (08/13/11 06:25 PM)
Edit Reason: adm. deleted comments and this just didn't make sense any more.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day