Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#413906 08/15/11 11:44 AM
S
OP Offline
S
My husband and I are considering driving from Guadalajara to Belize. We have lived in Mexico for 6 years. We have two Chihuahuas traveling with us. If driving, we would need a place to store the car in Corazol from January through March, 2012. Also would consider paying someone to drive us there in our car. We know we can fly through Houston to Belize City or to Cancun from here. The buses do not allow dogs inside, they must be sedated and caged inside the cargo area and that won't work for our two pups. We can take private transport from Cancun but it is very expensive......just trying to weigh all the possibilities. Comments welcome.

Contact Henry Menzies. He can arrange to store your car, or drive you across. [email protected] or you can call him. His information is on www.belizetransfers.com

Change your Latitude
S
OP Offline
S
Already contacted Henry, he charges $450 U.S. to transport us from Cancun to Corazol.
Thanks

If you're flying to Cancun, you might look at renting a car in Cancun with a drop-off in Chetumal. Even if there's a drop-off fee, it should be cheaper than a transfer. If you drive, once you get to Corozal, doubtless you can find all kinds of opportunities to store your car at modest cost.

C
C
I have seen people on the express and regular buses in mexico and Belize with small dogs many times. On their laps even, but I do think they had carriers or soft bags. I took a medium size dog on the bus but this was in Belize. She was in a carrier, it was an express bus and I bought her a ticket so she would have a seat. Perhaps you should check a bit more on that.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, I will look more into it. Do you remember what bus lines in Mexico allowed dogs? The ones I have checked all say NO.
ADO is the one that is most frequently endorsed and their policy is NO DOGS except below.

I believe there is now a jitney-van that goes from Chetumal to Tulum & Cancun at a very reasonable rate. Now if I could remember the contact info! It was posted on this site some time ago.
Maybe you can research the old threads and find it.

S
OP Offline
S
Searched and searched with no results. What happened to Maya Island Air's flight from Cancun to Bze City?

Maya Island's Cancun-Belize City flight suffered from one serious defect: It cost way too much. Maya Island tried to charge as much for this one-hour flight as it cost to fly from LA or New York to Cancun.

Maya Island has at least temporarily suspended this flight and also its other international flights to San Pedro Sula and Guatemala City.

S
OP Offline
S
Just read that Tropic might have flights to Chetumal and Cancun soon. Also Maya is planning to resume flights to Cancun in November. Hopefully they won't be priced too high for the average person to afford.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.