Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#41455 06/27/01 10:52 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Cant remember which night it was, you locals will know.

We spent way to much time at cannibals, drinking some stiff ones with jurgen the germanator bartender.

We finally drug ourselves out of there, but we were soon pulled over by a police officer, who was standing in the road.

He politely informed me that the street is closed on this day for a little local celebration.

I told him we wanted to hit the street vendors before our journey home.

"no problem" he says, "just drive carefull"

Then as I was just about to pull away he tells me "Sir, could you kindly put your beer in the cup-holder as you drive?"

Woooops!!!

--no problem, thank you for your time and consideration officer.

lol---gotta love the Island.

L
L
That is too funny.

Koz - too funny. Here's a quick little snippet from my trip, I was down there and met up with my pal Laurie (lmarquis). We were hanging out at the Palapa. We offered to give someone a ride home and she actually told us (by the way, I'm the one who was driving) to get rid of our beers, that we can't drink and drive in the golf cart with our beer. Now before I spark some huge drinking and driving debate this is not something I do in Evanston/Chicago and I was not drunk, just smiling a bit. But the moral of the story is don't give someone a ride in your golf cart unless they are carrying a Beliken in one or both of their hands. P.S. Isn't it strange that the golf carts have a spot that is perfect for a beliken?

K
OP Offline
K
Becky, lol....to true, I would never, ever drive drunk in denver.

But come on man, how much damage can a golf cart do?

I did feel a little odd, half in the bag giving the kids a ride home in the afternoons.

But what the hell, when in rome.....

Amen. Actually there was a point (and I was not drunk at all, I think) when Ronmyway and I were driving somewhere I shouldn't have been driving and I saw a hill that I couldn't pass up. Well the nice couple who hitched a ride with us and Ronmyway almost toppled over in the golfcart - I really don't think I had anything to drink then. We were past Palapa (just a bit) and this all happened when I was totally sober (I think!). Anyway, glad you enjoyed your trip. P.S. The policemen in Belize sure were friendly, I had an opportunity to spend a little time in the station in San Pedro and all's I can say is, "thanks Officer Friendly!" and I felt really safe in San Pedro.

L
L
I am here in my office rolling over and laughing my ____ off! Another lesson: don't take red wine in a golf cart!

A
A
Hey Koz, no worries. I'm sure the kids very much enjoyed Dad's happy, smiley demeanor.

And Becky, yes, I do believe that you are probably a much bigger threat sober in your little Cart Car.

My friends who live in AC told me a funny story of one of them urinating while standing on the passenger's side of their cart while driving at moderate golf cart speed late one night at the very end of town. They lost their balance and took a little tumble. Apparently, even people who live there find late night golf cart shenanigans to be a novelty too.

I apologize to anyone who finds this snipet to be in poor taste, but I thought it was quite amusing considering these were very grown men.

I forgot about the red wine incident, oops, there goes that white skirt. Oh well, Laurie, Rich, Ken & Lynne, and of course you wanker (I still love you man!), made my trip. Next year, same time, same place.

G
G
hahaha--your golfcart stories remind me of a Sunday afternoon Palapa story from my last trip in March. We had met some Denver friends who rode bikes up (we came by boat); one of the girls was too drunk to ride back so we put the bike in the boat and took her back with us and laughed all the way back about it!

A
A
Vikes, that's classic! There is nothing worse than taking a little bike ride up north and finding an afternoon at the Palapa turning into a situation where you are too unsteady to get back on your bike. You must have looked so funny pulling away with the bike and it's big basket sticking out from your boat.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.