Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41498 06/27/01 08:21 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ok, I've tried to read everything that has been posted about Ramons... the only room I could get for the time I'll be in AC (Aug.11-18) is a garden view room. Can anyone tell me if these rooms are decent? We are getting a room that supposedly accomodates 3 people (two twin beds and a double) Any info would help.

#41499 06/27/01 10:06 PM
B
B
I have only stayed at Ramon's once, we prefer a condo. In fact, we will be at the Belizean Reef next to Ramon's durin the same time you are there. However, Ramon's is an extremely nice property...I think you will be pleased with your room. I'm pretty sure you won't see ocean from your window, but maybe so.

#41500 06/28/01 10:00 AM
C
cjd Offline
C
I dont think you'll be disappointed. I cant speak for the inside of the garden rooms cause Ive never been in one, but the location is fine. No more than a 5 second walk from the beach/dock. Its not a big spread out resort like you might find in other places in the Carribean so its "right there"

#41501 06/28/01 12:43 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Becky and cjd. I appreciate your imput. The resort looks great and I was really psyched about it until I read a few negative posts... I'm putting this together for me and two friends... I know what I can handle (I've been in some crazy places) but have one friend who has no travel experience. I don't need to see the beach from my room... I plan to spend very little time there. I just want it to be clean and decent. Becky, maybe we'll see you for drinks at the Purple parrot?

[This message has been edited by Caligirl (edited 06-28-2001).]

#41502 06/28/01 04:08 PM
C
C
Ramon's Village Resort is a wonderful place to stay, its been my favourite resort for several years now...I've stayed there just a week ago, in a garden view room, two double beds, very spacious, decent and clean....They have a beautiful swimming pool and clean beach...
The accommodation was wonderful as always, the friendly staff was so helpful and pleasing. I like their restaurant which is run by Chef Rommy Kie, he prepares the most delicious Cantonese, cajun, and Belizean food. The waiters are wonderful and friendly, especially, George the head waiter, he made sure I had a great time on my stay, not to mention the other waiters too that are friendly, Steven, Alex, plus some new ones I got to meet too.. The Purple Parrot is the best, Harman the bartender makes the best drinks, the 'Purple Parrot drink' is a must to have on your stay at Ramon's Village Resort, and of course the popular Belizean beers are everyone's favourite, Belikin Beer, Premium, LightHouse, and SugarCane Rum, and Wines that are made in Belize...Harman is a big help on this subject...On Tuesday evenings at Ramon's, they have their popular barbecue and live entertainment, which is fun....Ramon's Village Resort is a nice place to stay and the hospitality is wonderful... I hope you enjoy your stay there.......Have fun in Belize !

I like the new feature of the message board..It is a more appropriate format for safe and friendly discussions..Good luck, and hope everything works out for the best, Marty..Thanks...
#41503 06/29/01 12:49 PM
B
B
will look forward to seeing you in Belize!!!
will look for you guys at the bar. you will walk past our place MANY times on your way to town, so keep an eye out for us. we have a party of 7, 3 younger guys and 4 of us of a more experienced age!!

#41504 06/29/01 01:22 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Georgia for all the good information. We are really getting exciting about our trip and I feel so much better after getting your message. Hey Becky! We will definetely keep our eyes open for your group (there are three of us... 2 girls (Roz-30 & Barbara-32) and one guy (Tom-34) We are best friends and are looking forward to a great time in Belize! Just so you know my real name is Barbara... I'm sure you'll hear it chanted at the Purple Parrot as I take a shot or two... so keep your eyes and ears open.

#41505 06/29/01 06:20 PM
B
B
will see you there!!!!!!!

#41506 07/06/01 11:22 AM
J
J
Georgia - Thanks for the useful information. It sounds like you've spent a lot of time in San Pedro. My co-worker and I (both +40 women) are planning a trip in the early fall, staying in a condo near Ramon's. We'd like to socialize with the locals. Any recommendations?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.