Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OP Offline
O
Greetings!

My fiance and I are so very much looking forward to our honeymoon week on the island in November!!!

Since we are a well established household, we are setting up a cash gift registry for the wedding to pay for various things on the honeymoon. Here is the pickle - we have not yet set out an itenary - we are pretty much "we have plane tickets and a room - what else do we need to know until we get there?!" kind of people. So I post this in hopes people can help us!!!

We do have an interest in snorkeling, which I know is rampantly available. Is there any cave tubing available or does that require leaving the island? Aside from scuba diving, are there any most do things, aside from booze and food?! How much would one guesstimate it costs for two people to eat dinner and have drinks, for instance? Ball park? These are the sort of things we are wondering about.

Many thanks for any input!!!

Cave tubing does require you to leave the island but its organized well, leaving the island and returning to the island, as a day trip.
Good thing about cave tubing is Grandma and a 5 year old can both do it and have fun.
My guesstimate of nice dinner at one of the better restaurants for two people and drinking..150.usd.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Look at a couple of the tour operations for ideas and prices, such as:
Tanisha Tours
http://tanishatours.com/
Searious
http://www.seariousadventures.com/

If you like to fish try:
Fishing San Pedro
http://www.fishingsanpedro.com/

Many fine restaurants that you must try:
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/goodscv/restaurants.html

You two will have a great time!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
S
S
Obviously the $ depends on what you eat and drink. I checked my statements from our stay in January--lunch was usually about 35-40 US$, dinner 55-80 US$. At lunch that would be a couple of beers for him,iced tea for me, fish sandwiches. Dinner was a glass of wine for me, couple of beers for him and fresh fish. Wine and liquor are pricey there. Local beer is the best bargain on the island. Fresh fish is always the least expensive, beef the highest. We don't hit the most expensive places on the island, but also not cheapest either. Hope that helps

Reef fishing and bonefishing are also big activities on the island. If you have never gone before you might want to give it a try.

Rent a golf cart for a day or two, tour up and down the island, checking out spots as you go. For example, cross the bridge to the north (unless already staying 'north') and check out Palapa Bar. I know you said you were interested in things other than food and drink, but Palapa Bar is a must see for view, at a bare minimum. Check out local entertainment at various places on various evenings. Entertainment runs from punta music to rock and roll, even some country and western, depending on which night, which place and which band.

You said you were aware that snorkelling is "rampant", but that said, the best snorkelling is done from a boat. For free snorkelling, check out the end of the docks. Ramon's dock is an in town favorite.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

E
E
SS, such wisdom smile

B
B
Do the cave tubing. It is so fun...expensive but totally worth it. I went a while ago (wrote a blog about it) and LOVED it.

B
B
Just sent you a PM.......

Jim

J
J
Just got back! and cant wait to go back again. We did an all day fishing/ BBQ/ snorkeling trip with Ramone, booked with Happy and Grumpy. And a half day flats fishing for bone fish with Abel through fishingsanpedro.com. and a full day of snorkeling with 3 stops and a wonderful lunch going out with Amigos Del Mar. This included a stop at the Blue Hole, Half Moon Caye and Long Caye. All three put us out with the greatest guides and some great meals. Depending on where you are staying, you will either want a golf cart or a water taxi weekly pass. We stayed at Captain Morgans. So for us it was more convienient to have the water taxi. It was enjoyable. people were great and the food too. If you want ice cream, you have to check out DandE, They are the nicest people and have great treats. We had some great conversations with Eilene (forgive me if I spelt your name wrong) She was great. Food is what you make of it. You can purchase your own to cook, just make sure you buy from where the locals buy. There are a few stores that cater to tourist but you will get hammered on the price. I bout a 12 pack of diet soda and a 2 liter. They charged me 1.50 per can on the 12 pack and 5.50 for the 2 liter. It is cheaper to buy local drinks. The resteraunts can range variously also depending on how fancy they are. I had some lunches for 2 that ran 20.00 total and some that went to 40.00 average dinner was 50.00 to 60.00 with a few that were pushing 90.00. It all depends on your taste. We went with the attitude of no regrets. So we alwayss got what ever we wanted regardless. Made for a really good stay. I couls go on for days about how much we loved it and were trying to figure out how to stay. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] I would be happy to help any way I can. Mike
The only thing to look into is if this is the slow period. We did run into a few things and places that were either closed or canceled due to it being the slow period.

Mike - you brought a great attitude to a wonderful place and had a fabulous time - so happy it worked out well!
Future visitors - please do as Mike did - bring that wonderful happy mindset with you - we'll do the rest.
:-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.