Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
San Pedro police torture a man until he is catatonic and paralyzed for life.

by Ray Auxillou, Western Belize Happenings

Sad news of police brutality from San Pedro on the evening tv news. Apparently the sadistic bullies in the police force, arrested a man, as a victim, suspect of a robbery and took him to the police station. There they tortured and beat him severely, trying to get a confession out of him. The sister saw him curled on the floor of the police station and after a confrontation with the constable on duty, was able to bail him out. Apparently the police thugs were unable to get incriminating information by torture and the police charges were dropped.

Unfortunately for the sad soul, the doctor at the Poly Clinic in San Pedro, said that the man was now paralyzed for life. The police torture had crushed all the nerves in his knees and he would no longer be able to walk. The family can get no reaction out of him. He is so traumatized to the point of being catatonic. Unable to speak or tell what happened to him in the police station torture scene.

CEO SINGH get these [#%!] out of the police force mon! What happened to all this forensic and crime scene investigation training, the UDP government are bragging about? I well remember a PC Carcamo back in the 70´s on Caye Caulker, who use to set up, people he wanted to brutalize. Then agitate them until they responded in a verbal exchange, then he would arrest them and handcuff them to the barred door of the police cell, then whip them with electric wire cables from surplus wiring of the electric poles in the village. You could hear the screams all during the weekend. Shit mon! This stuff has to stop sometime.

I highly suspect there is a another side to this story. I saw his photo in another paper and recognized him as one of the local crack heads.
This article sounds as if its written by his mother.
It should address that he's a criminal and constant problem for the police and community. Poor little innocent thieving crack head got his ass severely kicked by the police.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I know that 2 of my friends caught that man in their homes - robbing them - while they were home. He was also caught climbing into a young lady's room while the family was sleeping. He had the crap beaten out of each time - by the victims. One of his brothers is still on the run after escaping from jail a few years ago. And they have a whole family that will stand by them and protest their innocence - I guess that is what many families do.

I know it is callous to say but why is it that the criminals always seem to have all the rights and the victims are supposed to get robbed and terrorized and then watch the criminals get out of punishment because of technicalities?

I am finding it difficult to have any sympathy or compassion for somebody that terrorized my friends, burglarized their homes, scared their children and dealt drugs (carried by his wife and babies.)

Since when were the police the authority that dispenses the punishment?
You might feel good about someone who supposedly deserves punishment getting it, but an incident like this does little for the reputation of Belize. Acts like this can do more damage than to just the arrested one. frown

I disagree.
This is Belize Not the United States.
Quite often the Police do dispense the punishment, not legally I'm sure but its refreshing not to be hindered by too much Civil Liberty and too much Democracy.
If they look like a bad guy, smell like a bad guy or even walk like a bad guy let the Police kick them out of town with prejudice.

White Sands Dive Shop
So the Belize Elbert wants is one where the police do not act legally or respect the principles of civil rights and democracy. Lets hope the BTB does not portray and promote Belize that way. frown

IMHO Belize doesn't want to grow up to be like the US.
Ray Auxillou is just taking a shot at the UDP with this article.
Nothing is different or has changed, its just getting closer to election time. The police are the the police whether the UDP or PUP is at bat.

White Sands Dive Shop
Originally Posted by elbert
IMHO Belize doesn't want to grow up to be like the US.

Me too Elbert: I am to the right of the ACLU when it comes to some civil rights and democratic rights. I would be against people of your level of common sense and intellegence voting and procreating.

P
P
This assault should be prosecuted and the perpetrators duly punished. The police cannot be the people who decide who gets what punishment, especially here where there is evidence that the police can be bribed to take action against any person, regardless of guilt. And any "punishment" that results in severe personal injury is totally unacceptable under any circumstances.

I am astonished that anyone could even begin to defend this criminal action. In particular I am amazed at the identities of the two people here who have here defended these police actions.

Amanda can certainly speak for herself, but I did not read in her response support for this action. Only "difficulty in having sympathy or compassion".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.