Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#415569 - 09/06/11 09:14 AM Belize Nat'l Team ready to score against Guatemala
Marty Offline

According to team captain Shane Orio, the Belize National Selection has been doing its best to remain above water despite previous obstacles at the start of the World Cup pre-qualifiers. Orio further noted that his team was studying today Guatemala’s moves.

Shane Orio, Goalkeeper, Belize National Football Team

“What we have been doing for the past couple of months is that we have approached each game as professionally as possible and we tend to give our all during the game and I think that is the reason we have been winning these games—three in a row. Apart from that we are believing what the coaches are doing. So they can expect a hundred and ten percent effort from the guys. Hopefully at the end of the game, the coin will drop on our side and we will be able to win. But to tell the Belizean public we are going to win is our intention, but at the end of the day, the game has to be played to determine a winner.”

Isani Cayetano

“Now Guatemala is a formidable opponent. Last year you guys got shelled in Peten. What’s the difference this year in terms of the approach you guys will be employing to try and secure a win here in Belmopan?”

Shane Orio

Shane Orio

“It’s difficult to think about the four – two win in Peten reason being the Guatemalan team has changed and also the Belize team—myself and I think at least three or four players that are on the national team did not play that game. So the most important thing is to stay positive and to look back on the video and the games that we have played and correct our mistakes and try to get better day by day.”

Isani Cayetano

In terms of the moral or the esteem of the Belize national selection after all that has happened over the past couple months with the back and forth between both parties within the football sport. How do you all progress in terms of moving as one unified front to continue winning?”

Shane Orio

“Again a lot of people ask that question and to tell you the truth, we the players and as a national team we have been together for almost ten years. I am the oldest member on the national team when it comes to experience—this is my twelfth year. The experience that the older guys gave me such as Norman, such as the Muschamp Brothers, the Sutherlands and the guys from Cayo is to stick together and we never lose focus and that is the most important thing.”

Channel 5

#415570 - 09/06/11 09:15 AM Re: Belize Nat'l Team ready to score against Guatemala [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Football Federation of Belize says stadium ready for showdown

The Football Federation of Belize (F.F.B.) has also been preparing for the Belize/Guatemala showdown. Even the Ministry of Sports is asking fans to root for the local boys. F.F.B.’s Senior Vice President, Bernaldino Pech, has travelled with the team and witnessed the win against Grenada. Pech says that the FIFA certified stadium in Belmopan is ready not just for the players but also for the fans.

Bernaldino Pech, Senior Vice President, F.F.B.

Bernaldino Pech

“An event of this magnitude is an affair that takes a lot of effort and organization in order to get it done and we have been working on it for several weeks now getting the stadium ready—ensuring that all bleacher;, that the pitch are in good conditions, ensuring that we have the appropriate security measure in place and at the end of the day it’s almost game time. We are in the countdown already and we are asking all Belizeans to come out and support our national team.”

Jose Sanchez

“What’s the capacity of the stadium?”

Bernaldino Pech

“Well for FIFA matches we need to have all fans with a seated. I know our Belizean culture is to crowd around the field, around the fence, but we can’t do that in this game because that’s not allowed by FIFA. So our capacity for this match is three thousand spectators and we know it’s a working day, but you know I’m sure that all those who want to will make an extra effort to attend. And we encourage businesses—as I understand some are already doing—in this month of patriotism to give their employees a time off or at least a half day off to go out and support our national team. It’s an effort. We went to Grenada, circumstances were not all the best, but we managed to come away from Grenada with a three – nil victory so definitely the camp, the boys are in high spirits.”

Channel 5

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,698 Topics
461,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.