Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mike S Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I know that the menonites build good furniture in Orange Walk, but my question is - are there actual stores or shops in Orange Walk where you can go and look at the crafts and furniture? I have never been there and before making the long trip I wanted to have an idea what to expect. I assume that many local buses run from Belize City up to Orange Walk? Thanks for any info.

P
P
Yes but on Fridays they bring a bunch of stuff in to the city from shipyard. Along North Front St. they sell cheap

Watch and check what you buy. We bought two 4x4 ft tables so we could put them together for big dinners from the same seller on the street in Belize City. Loaded them on the truck and took them home. Put them together and they were 2 inches different in height. Just because it is a mennonite selling it does not mean they are all quality. We have had pieces split crack and fall apart with in a year. Cheap and utilitarian yes

M
Mike S Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the answers. There was a really nice coffee table at the Orange Gift shop here in San Pedro - but unfortunatly they closed the gift shop up. I heard that the furniture in the shop was made in Orange Walk and that's the reason I was asking about the town. I will make a trip over to the mainland soon and see what I can find.

The Orange gift shop on Coconut Drive has closed?

S
S
Yes

M
Mike S Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the New River web site. That's what I am looking for.

Originally Posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First
The Orange gift shop on Coconut Drive has closed?

DRAT !

Maybe you can find a similar coffee table in Cayo at Caesar's Gift Shop. Same owners as Orange.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.