Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bryce Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Again!
I've done some reading on the message board and have come across the "sea grass" issue! Not really a big deal to me, but does Coconuts Caribbean Hotel have a pier for access to more of a sea-grass-free area!? I really like to swim and since there is not a pool there I'd like to know what to expect! Also...we plan on going fishing (deep sea)...any guide suggestions. We'll probably bring our own fly-rods, etc. But would love a day offshore! Also, has anyone taken the ferry as opposed to the flight from Belize City? We are planning this trip so last minute...we leave on the 8th of August! Any help would be appreicated!!

Coconuts DOES have a very nice dock. At the end is a covered area with a pic-nic table and steps down into the water. They don't scrub the steps so they are a bit slippery. BE CAREFUL!!! We swam, but were a little alarmed at some debris in the water underfoot. Might have been from the hurricane. We pulled some out of the water, but there was still a bit. Just watch where you step. The water was over my head, so it didn't bother me as much as my husband. He's a foot taller than me.
Debbie.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 07-02-2001).]

here's a killer .exe , a rotating 360 view of the coconuts beach...

download it and run it, i swear its got no virus....
http://CoconutsHotel.com/Coconuts.exe

B
B
IMAHO take the puddlejumper to San Pedro and avoid the boat. It is fairly small[maybe 30 feet?] not what you might expect if you're used to East Coast ferries. especially If you are only there for a week. Depending on timing, you could wait 3 hours for the next one so the total trip could take asmost 5 hours--longer than the flight from Houston!

D
D
hey there Frank.... run over to the chat area and see the post titled "A Colorado Catered Affair for Barefoot"...... for details; you guys have got to come!!

T
T
Question to add, does Coconuts have Kayaks for there guests to rent? If not any info on where you would look to rent one for the day
and how much would be great. Thx

Fastik
A
A
Hey Bryce, I just got back from AC/ Coconuts and their dock is great, don't have any kyaks but can hook you up and I did all my adventures (everyday) with Tuff-ENuff. They're a 30 second walk out of the hotel. When you walk out (towards the water) turn left. When you hit Crazy Canucks Bar look right and you'll be at thier pier. Tell them Ralph (the guy who caught the tarpon) and Paul sent you (seriously, they'll know. We're the Syracuse guys who REALLY didn't want to leave and wanted to work for them. They'll remember). You wanna fish, man oh man, their guy Clemente, he'll hook you up big time. We went (not deep sea) and seriously, he found us a spot that for like 15 minutes or so me and Paul were hitting red/black grouper and silks like they were going outta style. If you've ever seen a fishing show and they're pulling one out after another and you know that it's been edited for tv; it was like that without needing to be edited. Awesome! Plus a tarpon! That was a fun 15 minute fight in itself. I can't recommend thses guys enough!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.