I just found out about this. I sent it to the BTB but am sending to you too. Get the Belizeans on your forum to vote for Belize!

In 1991 Islands magazine did a cover story about our kayaking trip off Placencia. You can see the full article here:

Islands magazine is now holding an online election to choose which country will land the cover of its "30 Years of Covers" anniversary issue. This is the cover that was about our sea kayaking expedition! Belize is one of 10 island destinations in the running to be featured on the cover of the magazine's 30th Anniversary special-edition issue in December.

To become one of the 10 finalists, the Belize cover about our trip won out over a host of other islands in a preliminary round of voting that ended last week. Now voting is in the final round, and the country with the most votes cast by Sept. 21 will grace the cover of the December issue and have the honor of representing 30 years of inspiring island travel.

The other nine finalists are Aruba; St. John; Bora Bora, French Polynesia; Kauai and Maui, Hawaii; Jamaica; Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, and Whitsunday, Queensland, Australia.

To vote, fans of Belize should go to where they will be prompted to register, and then directed to the voting page.

I hope can help get Belize on the top!

Slickrock Adventures