Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#416380 - 09/17/11 01:56 PM Sports Council Beats FFB In Court
Marty Offline
Things have been patched up between the Ministry of Sports and the Football Federation of Belize after FIFA reigned in the Federation. But there was s till a matter pending in court.

It dates back to June when Montserrat was supposed to come to Belize to play a world cup qualifier and the ministry of sports said the FFB had been decertified and so it would not make police available for security purposes.

The FFB argued that the Government was compelled to do so and asked for an injunction stopping government form stopping the police form providing security.

As we said - It's a moot point now since things have been patched up - but today in court, the judgment was delivered by Justice Minette Hafiz.

She dismissed the FFB's application for an injunction and awarded cost to the National sports Council.

Sports Ministry spokesperson Miley Garcia was careful not to gloat when we spoke to him about it today:.

Miley Garcia, Sports Ministry spokesperson
"Madam Hafiz passed down her judgment and essentially what she did was dismissed the claim of the FFB and awarded us cost also."

Jules Vasquez
"Now you all have basically made peace with the FFB, how was this consequential?"

Miley Garcia, Sports Ministry spokesperson
"I think that by now the case didn't have much bearing on what was happening."

The ministry is now providing assistance to the national team.

Channel 7

#416415 - 09/17/11 04:00 PM Re: Sports Council Beats FFB In Court [Re: Marty]
JEL Offline
All this BS* in Belizean Football. FIFA should sign new people to run the FFB so we can have a proper stadium with security...

FIFA give the FFB Million of dollars to promote local football leagues in Belize. The money is suppose to be used for grass roots football, stadiums, nets, etc....
Since my stay in Belize I have witnessed 10 football games on the mainland as well as San Pedro and the Guatemala game.. There is no stadium/pitch worth playing on in San Pedro. And the pitches on the mainland are all Cow Pastures. When is the head of the FFB actually going to invest good money in Belize football so they can rise higher and higher in the Fifa Rankings and actually be able to hold a good friendly/competitive football game or even a World Cup qualifier.

I almost forgot to mention that is there even a good training facility for our boys who wear our colours representing our nation. I have not seen one as of yet.

#416423 - 09/17/11 04:29 PM Re: Sports Council Beats FFB In Court [Re: Marty]
JEL Offline
It is a sad day when a Sports Council has to go to court against the FFB...

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (nina09), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,671 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.