Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#416385 - 09/17/11 09:01 AM Children’s Rally Held
Marty Offline
And while venerable patriots were honoured last night - today it was about the youths.

Children's Rallies were held all across Belize as a lead up to the Independence Celebration. In Belize City, it was held at the MCC - and 7news was there:..

Leroy Green
"One major purpose is to allow the children to feel patriotism to try to foster patriotism in the children also to showcase the talents as we normally have most outstanding items from the festival of arts showcase out here. It is also and opportunity for the Minister or his representative to inspire the children through his talk and also an opportunity for us to celebrate the 10th day of September and our Nations birthday the 21st day of September."

Crime Stoppers also used the rally as an opportunity to launch their mascots - and a book - which they hope will help inculcate children with the importance of reporting on crimes or criminal activity:..

"Our board thought it was be a good idea to have mascots because children like bright and colorful characters, so we sent out and asked the schools to submit entries and we had entries from north to south even from Cattle Landing in Punta Gorda. Toledo and the winners for first place - all the way from Corozal Methodist School, Lisa Carillo and our second place winner was from Belize Elementary, Nazie McKenzie. We have always wanted to do something tangible for the young children of Belize. Something they can refer to look at, enjoy and so having the mascots, it's one thing and having the book is quite an educational thing for them."

Leroy Green
"They wanted to produce a book with stories for school children to teach them about Crime Stoppers Belizeans work, here in Belize. She left some pamphlets with me and said that they wanted children stories, and since I am a writer and I like doing that kind of thing I looked at the pamphlets took out the information that I needed, thought about the character, that I wanted to make the book specific to Belize with characters, locals, foods, names that Belizeans children will be able to identify with and within a space of a week I had the draft of the book."

Channel 7

#416386 - 09/17/11 09:02 AM Re: Children’s Rally Held [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

September is a month when all Belizeans big and small come out to celebrate in honor of our beautiful Belize. “Honoring our History, Celebrating our Cultures, Uniting for Peace”, under this theme many events are being held countrywide and on Friday, September 16, the Ministry of Education organized a Children’s Rally in which all the schools of San Pedro participated.

The San Pedro R.C. School lower division classes (Infant I to Standard I) had a short parade and headed back to school were they enjoyed sports day at the school compound. As for the Middle and Upper Division grades (Standard II to Standard VI) students of all schools gathered at Central Park where a short ceremony was held.

Mrs. Candy Armstrong, Education Officer of San Pedro, gave the welcome address after which short presentations including, dances, poems and musical renditions were provided by the different schools on the island.

Click here for the rest of the story and more pictures in the Ambergris Today!

#416481 - 09/18/11 09:11 AM Re: Children’s Rally Held [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

It’s parade season once again, and students from the various schools around the island took to the streets of San Pedro to show their national pride. Decked out in red, white or blue, or a combination of the three colors, students marched enthusiastically down the streets with flags in hand, waving proudly.

There was a short presentation at Central Park, where students performed dances, drumming and more. Following that, they once again marched down middle and front streets, after which they headed to their respective schools to celebrate with a class party.

The Children’s Rally is just one of the many activities scheduled for the September Celebrations. There have been quiz contests, talent shows and more, all leading up to the big block party to take place on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 and followed by the Independence Day Parade on Wednesday, September 21st.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.