Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
On Tuesday, September 27, 2011, what occurred at the San Pedro High School (SPHS) could be described as nothing less than shocking. At around 12:30PM, the San Pedro Police Department were called to the school's grounds. Unconfirmed reports were that the school officials became aware that 19 students of Class 2G had consumed and were suffering from the effects of the marihuana "spiked" Brownies, commonly known as "Hash Brownies".

In an interview with Mr. Emil Vasquez, Principal of SPHS, he informed The San Pedro Sun, "We became aware of the situation when one student reported to the office complaining of a headache. He was questioned as to what he had consumed and among other things, mentioned a brownie which was being shared around the class. As the suspicions were raised, we immediately contacted the police department, which had an officer over very quickly".

According to Mr. Vasquez, the culprit, who is a minor, confessed that he had brought the spiked brownie to school for his personal use as he feels the need to have it. He claimed that he was having the brownie as breakfast. However as he was eating, students gathered around and asked him to share. This he did. He further claimed that some of the students knew exactly what he was eating, but they insisted and he complied. At the end, 19 students had eaten from the five squares of spiked brownie.

As to how the incident was allowed to occur, Mr. Vasquez commented, "To start off, the manner in which it was introduced. It was introduced as a brownie, which students do sometimes bring in the morning as snacks or breakfast. Some of the kids bring their lunch and they are allowed to have their lunch in class because they can not afford to buy food at school".

As to what actions have been taken, Mr. Vasquez informed The Sun; "We have been dealing with the case in accordance to our school policy. This policy is vetted by the School Board and the Ministry of Education. That child has already been excluded from the classroom but not from school. This year we are experimenting with an in-school suspension program, so he is being separated from his class and being kept in a special room with his councillor pending further investigation. I

San Pedro Sun

S
S
Let the jokes start rolling... Marty's gonna need more server space by the time this thread is through!!!

Quite honestly it is not a laughing matter. It's not funny, it is a criminal act. Doling out drugs to unsuspecting victims is despicable behaviour. Granted they are kids so it is good that the error of their ways has been pointed out and nipped in the bud (pun intended) so to speak. But the repercussions of the incident will be long term and far reaching.

The main culprit could be expelled - is that teaching him a lesson or is it too harsh a punishment?

I'm with Amanda on this one.

Originally Posted by SFJeff
Let the jokes start rolling... Marty's gonna need more server space by the time this thread is through!!!

No he won't if Amanda doesnt like you kiss your funnies goodbye!

S
S
Absolutely, I stand corrected, just horrible, horrible, not funny at ALL...

I mean none of us EVER snuck a drink or smoked some pot in high school did we???

Not to mention, I hear pot's a gateway drug, and lord knows that if you (folks commenting) HAD imbibed, the ramifications would be long term and far reaching and you would probably just be criminals or addicts by now, would't you???

Geez...

Should it be condoned and encouraged? Probably not.

Is it 'funny'... you bet.

Expelling the kid would be, in a word, stupid. Put him to work for god's sake. Make him paint the freakin high school building, have him pick up litter for a month, don't kick him out of school.

How about some perspective and common sense.

E
E
I was going to stay out of this, butt................... Im with SF Jeff on this one. Please do not kick the kid out of school, thats when he/she will go down hill.

In my day when you did something wrong you had to do EXTRA school time. Expelsion is stuid.
AND - who made the brownies?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
i tried and tried to get expelled. never thought about a batch-o brownies.
i am suspect of every brownie i see nowadays.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.