Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#417518 - 10/01/11 08:50 AM Supa De Ya, Again
Marty Online   happy
Nobody's taken a poll that we know of but Supa G may be Belize's favorite entertainer. We do know he's the country's top hit-maker with a string of hits that date back over a decade.

And now, he's releasing a new album called Fiyahaat. It's just 16 months since he released his last album and at the time he told us he would be taking a three year break.

But today he told us the songs just keep coming:..

Supa G
"Actually the name of this album is supposed to be "Change of plans" but a lot of people call me and tell me that I must not take that break and that I need to keep giving them good music, so I say at the end of the day the fans calls the shot and so I came up with that and I recorded an album."

"My thing is like what I have always said - this gift that I have is from God and I get it with a purpose, to share it with the people and if I have to go in my pocket to take out extras to get something like this done - I will do it because at the end of the days it's all about sharing the message and bringing joy to people's life, so that is why I keep on doing it; for the love of the music and my Belizean people."

Jules Vasquez
"I always tease you when you come - a lot of people struggle to make an 8 track album, a good album will have 12 tracks. But you are always in the "teens" the upper "teens."

Supa G
"It's because I have too many songs. Sometimes I say that I will only do 10 songs for an album, when I finish record out of studio I have like 20 songs and I still have to cut down and try putting only 16. Every 5 hours a new song is being cut."

The album will be launched with a concert tomorrow in Dangriga and it is available in the city tomorrow, and the rest of the country next week.

Channel 7

#417525 - 10/01/11 08:58 AM Re: Supa De Ya, Again [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

The General, Supa G, unleashes Faiyahaat Album

The general stopped by our studios with a compilation that will shock and awe the country. No, we’re not talking about the B.D.F.’s Brigadier General, but the artist known as Supa G. Supa’s new album will be officially launched on Saturday in Dangriga. While in Belize City he took the opportunity to speak about Faiyahaat, which has party tracks as well as thought provoking themes on life in Belize.

Supa G, Artist

“This album is entitled Faiyahaat taken off one of the tracks. It took me like three months to work on this album completely, but there is one song that I took like five years to complete.”

Jose Sanchez

Supa G

“You have about sixteen songs here. Which songs do you expect to be club hits and which ones have the most meaning?”

Supa G

“Definitely track one which is take it low—it has created a wave buzz and also the song entitled Another Man Dead.”

{Audio of song: Another Man Dead}

Supa G

“It’s a song that speaks about the violence in Belize; it’s like a wakeup call song. It’s asking how long will it take for us to understand. We should look in the mirror and see where the problem is. So ourselves we can decide about the solution to the problem.”

Jose Sanchez

“For you as a veteran in the music business now, it’s not just about giving the latest club hit; it’s also about sharing a positive message.”

Supa G

“Yes, like I’ve said, Another Man Dead is giving a positive message for sure. Another track, the Banana Man, which speaks about struggle—a hard working Belizean.”

Jose Sanchez

“Now with your music, what changes do we see happening with your music because no musician remains the same over the years?”

Supa G

“Yes definitely my music has grown. My style has changed a bit. Even though more the songs are party songs, I’m still relaying a message through the songs because it’s like having a nice message but with a nice background to it. So it can be appealing to—whether you’re ninety-nine or one year old, you will like the songs.”

Faiyahaat is now available at all major outlet at a price between twenty to twenty five dollars. Supa G says he is hoping to release a full paranda album within a year.

Channel 5

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (JaHo, Marty, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,206 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.