Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Can anyone provide an up-date on the Marco Gonzales site? Is it open to the public? Are guides available? I would like to photograph the site in it's current state of excavation in late December.

AJ, I sent you a PM.....Can't wait to see your work!

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
E
E
Contact Jan, she is in charge

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the info. I have e-mailed Jan for the details. Hopefully the bugs are not too bad in late December. Bug juice has a nasty ability to dissolve camera parts!

AJ, we use a product called Sawyers' Lotion. It is quite effective and non-intrusive.....Some of the Deet stuff will remove nail polish.....I apply the Sawyers after my morning shower and I am good for most of the day; And yes against the noseeums. They make some for clothes and equipment.... It was also quite effective during our tour; allowed us to enjoy the sites. A link below;

OOOOOPS! This had too much information....Sorry guys! Please google...Amazon Sawyers lotion

Last edited by Judyann H.; 10/06/11 03:25 PM.

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Judyann - I will check out Sawyer's Lotion.

Originally Posted by Judyann H.
a product called Sawyers' Lotion. It is quite effective and non-intrusive.....Some of the Deet stuff will remove nail polish.....I apply the Sawyers after my morning shower and I am good for most of the day; And yes against the noseeums. They make some for clothes and equipment...

Which No. Sawyers JudyAnn? They have several versions.

T
T
I am sure the place is very soggy,hopefully the sun will come out and the island will dry out.Next time we fly over we will try to get a picture.Jan would know, next month it should have dried up,if it would stop raining.

Just a heads up on the Sawyers products,

Their products containing permethrin is NOT for topical use, it is a clothing spray.

Some of their products contain DEET. Several use a proprietary formula that releases the DEET over time. The slow release formulation is inteneded to keep the repellent effective for longer times but was also intended to precluse a rapid migration of DEET across the skin/blood barrier which is what causes the DEET taste that is objectionable to many people.

Caution should be taken to read the labels on these topical repellents products. At least one of the slow release formulations is refered to as the Premium Slow Release Family Insect Repellent and from what I can tell it contains DEET as well.

Sawyer also makes a 20% picaridin product which has been touted as being as effective as DEET.

Here is Sawyers FAQ & Info page

In my quest to find my own perfect "noseeums nostrum" I'll be giving these a try

Last edited by Bear; 10/07/11 07:52 AM.
We did get a bit off track from Marco Gonzales....However, on the Sawyers front.....Bear great research...I'm a little more simple in my studies; I put it on if it works I keep using it. We use the Premium time release....I do keep a small version with me in case a sudden attack begins; like right at dusk. Let us know how you weather with this product. Again I like it because I'm not spraying randomely about my body and it keeps the nail polish in tack...Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.