Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#417790 10/05/11 04:38 AM
OP Offline
On return from the UK my daughters phone has gone missing! I phoned up our local network and they told me it wasn't lost in the UK - but it's in Belize as they can trace it now! The only thing we can think of is that it was stolen at customs at Belize International Airport! Apparently they searched through the bags and hasn't been seen since.........
It's a blue/black LG phone! It's a touchscreen with a slide-out keyboard! Model is GW620
It has now been reported as stolen so WILL NOT work for anyone unless I get it back! It has had a total block put on it!
If anyone has been offered this phone or comes across it anywhere - can you please let me know? My daughter (who's only 10) saved up all her money to buy it and had only had it a few weeks :-(
Thanks

OP Offline
Forgot to mention it's in a black and white zebra print soft case!!

Originally Posted by Lorna Jones
it was stolen at customs at Belize International Airport! Apparently they searched through the bags and hasn't been seen since.........

Customs could not have stolen it........you stand right there when and if they search your bags. Never, ever put electronics in checked baggage!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Checked luggage is searched by TSA in the states and when it arrives in Belize the bags are not searched until you pick them up. You are standing right there when they go through your bags. When you give them to Tropic or Maya your bags sit around "out the back" for an hour or so.

Whenever possible I always carry my electronics. And customs rarely goes through hand luggage (handbags, knapsacks etc.)

I wouldn't say it is impossible for Belize customs to steal the phone, but I would say that this would be quite unlikely since you are standing right there when they touch and open and close your bags.

Over the years I have lost a number of items from my checked bags at the Miami airport.

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Over the years I have lost a number of items from my checked bags at the Miami airport.

MIA? -----> = Missing In Action

In 2001; Miami Airport....Donated one new PALM IV

In 2003; Miami Airport...Donated one Sony point and shoot

In 2009; Miami Airport....Donated one electronic blackjack game

...Who knows maybe they need them to keep the airport running.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Originally Posted by Judyann H.
In 2001; Miami Airport....Donated one new PALM IV

In 2003; Miami Airport...Donated one Sony point and shoot

In 2009; Miami Airport....Donated one electronic blackjack game

...Who knows maybe they need them to keep the airport running.

they had to refurbish the air traffic control computers...

Sorry about your luck, just lost my phone too - was puddles on back roads at night that likely knocked it out of my bag.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
I've just returned from UK via US and my baggage was searched by TSA without my presence. In Belize that doesn't happen.

I brought back a Nokia that the intended recipient doesn't need after all, so I'm about to put it up for sale.

OP Offline
Unfortunately it was only my husband and kids who returned! I did NOT pack bags - they were responsible for everything! I would never put anything in hold luggage! The bags were apparently searched in front of them, but my husband said he didn't watch their every move - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So frustrating now as no-one can use the phone now as I put a block on it! So now someone has a brand new phone that they can't use....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.