Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
I apologize b/c I'm sure this has been asked on here a million times....I tried searching for it in the forums w/o much success. So here goes...

We simply want to get to AC and chill out on a beach with a bar and a place that has some good, regional food and beer. I have heard, but have not been able to verify, that some outfits will pick you up and drop you off at the cruise ship. Does anyone know if this is true (I emailed the cruise line and Belize regarding this and got no response)?

Does anyone recommend an outfit that will simply transfer us back and forth to the Island, and a beach that fits our description?

Thanks,

Joe & Carol

Katie Valk of Belize Trips should be able to help you.
Glad to hear you chose our island for your day in Belize.
Welcome.

B
B
Seems like Tropic Air or Maya Island Air would be your best best. In October, $40bzd each way on Maya will get you right to San Pedro...and at that point, there are restaurants galore.

A
A
I think I would agree with B -sprout. I would fly then you have a lot of time to find your beach and place to eat. There are alot of great beaches here I think you would love.

Great food + good company = great times, come join us at
Average Joe's Bar
www.facebook.com/ajsbelize
I agree, use the airlines, either Tropic or Maya.

Try to get off the ship on an early tender, they usually reserve the early tenders for the organised tours, but the earlier you get to the tourism village the more time you will have on Ambergris Caye. Once you get to the cruise ship tourism village, you will need to exit through the nearest terminal out to the road, this is hardest part trying to get a taxi to the municipal airport as all the taxi drivers will be looking for a tour that makes them some money!!!!!

If you struggle outside the tourism village for a taxi, walk towards town and the water taxi terminals and you will get a taxi to the municipal airport.

Remember, there may be a time difference in Belize and the ship's time, please check. The flights leave the municipal airport in Belize City to San Pedro 30 minutes past the hour and return on the hour.

www.shorelinesolutionsbelize.com
Property Management Services
Vacation Rentals
Corporate Services
S
S
I've mentioned this before. If you don't take a cruise ship organized tour and you don't make it back in time, for any reason, for your tender you are screwed. They will not wait for you and if you do manage to convince them to wait, try calling a cruise ship sometime, then expect a huge bill. I have seen this first hand and it's not pretty.

I'm with Simon, seen it first hand on many occasions as well, the ship will not wait, even if you manage to find a boat at the tourism village to take you out to the cruise ship, they will charge anything from $100usd per person, then you board the ship whilst it is moving, if you get there in time....

This is the number for the Fort Street Tourism Village if you have any problems 223 7789 during ship days.

Last edited by ShorelineSolBz; 10/09/11 10:17 AM.

www.shorelinesolutionsbelize.com
Property Management Services
Vacation Rentals
Corporate Services
Another idea would be to take the water taxi - they run even when the weather is bad while Tropic has to wait for clearance during fall and winter storms. One water taxi is right outside tourist village, it's a ten minute walk (exit to your left as you leave) and one was leaving inside the village for a while, but I doubt during cruise ship days. Caye Caulker is 45 minutes by taxi and AC is about another half hour, say 1 hr and 15 minutes. While CC does not have the beach experience that AC does, if time is crucial it would still give you a glimpse of Belize outside of the cruise centric world. If you go the water taxi route, do buy a round trip ticket and ensure you know from which terminal you departed when you reach the island as it can be confusting, esp with a couple of rum punches under your belt!

I just think by the time you take a taxi to muni and then wait for a flight you aren't saving any more time than taking the water taxi, and in itself, it's a fun trip and a great glimpse of local color, and local water.

Depending on the time you actually get on land from the tender, the boat could be an option to travel to the cayes if there is one just about to leave. But IMO DON'T rely on it for the return trip. They rarely leave on time and depending on the number of people getting on/off in Caye Caulker it can seriously delay your arrival back in Bz City. Plus if you have done the boat trip over you will only see the same on the return, so better to go back by air and see the great view from the sky instead. And leave plenty of time to get from Municipal back to the tourist village as mid afternoon you will hit the "School Rush Hour".

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
Originally Posted by Joe Blodgett
We simply want to get to AC and chill out on a beach with a bar and a place that has some good, regional food and beer.

Joe, how long is your ship in port? Arrive? depart?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.