Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bergy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello - Is there a convenient/cheap way to get from Ambergris Caye to Sarteneja?

Sarteneja is not on the way to anyplace which is part of its charm, but does not make for cheap/convenient travel to an from.

B
Bergy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I guess my question is more on the form of travel. How does one get from Ambergris to Sarteneja, and then back again? Is there a ferry or a water taxi? I am planning a trip and will stay in Ambergris, but want to visit Sarteneja.

B
B
I've been on the Tropic Flight from Corozal to San Pedro when we've stopped to pick people up at a very small airstrip...I'm pretty sure it was Sartaneja. You should check with their website. I also think the thunderbolt boat will stop in Sartaneja (that would be the cheaper option) but I think they are not running right now due to the slow season.

The San Pedro/Corozal Tropic flight does stop in Sarteneja if they have booked passengers.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com

Thunderbolt recently discontinued service between San Pedro and Corozal Town (with a stop on demand in Sarteneja) due to lack of business, but reportedly will resume at least some service tomorrow (Friday).

Tropic's flights from San Pedro to Corozal will stop at the Sarteneja airstrip on demand.

If you're on the mainland you can drive from Orange Walk Town or from Corozal Town. From Corozal you have to cross the New River and Laguna Seca on hand-pulled ferries. Roads are okay except after heavy rains.

There also are Sarteneja buses from Belize City and Orange Walk.

Sartenja is amazing! Candelie's is a nice, inexpensive place to stay. Richie's and Liz Fast Food are good spots for cheap local eats.

--Lan Sluder

B
Bergy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you to everyone who responded. It was very useful information.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.