Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#4188 - 10/02/00 06:39 PM Marty, if you have time...
denverdan Offline
Dear Marty,
Thank you so much for this site and all the information you have posted. I can't believe you have been up for 72 hours. Unbelizeable!
You are a wonderful person indeed!
Our family is comming to AC 10-7 through 10-14. I replied to a post for a relief fund yesterday, and offered to fill some empty suitcases with supplies needed there on AC. Two people from the Denver area have responded and would like to help fill them.
Problem is, I have no clue what to request of them. Can you give me a few hints? I know canned food would always be useful, but there are restrictions on luggage wieght.
Again, thank you for all you do. We honestly hope everything, especially everybody, comes out of this well.
We know you are very busy, we patiently wait for your suggestions.
The Walters Family
Hope, Dan, Annie, and Maggie

#4189 - 10/02/00 06:48 PM Re: Marty, if you have time...
Belize Mama Offline
Hi all, I'm not Marty but some suggestions on what they may need. Since canned goods really are heavy, try things like dry soup mixes, rice, beans, kool-aid, powdered Gator Ade, dried extras like onions, garlic, spices, powdered milk or boxed milk, boxes of raisens and other dried fruit. That is just a beginning suggestion list. Good luck.

#4190 - 10/02/00 06:51 PM Re: Marty, if you have time...
Marty Offline
I think we're going to have to wait til we hear more from the folks on the island. I'm SURE within 24 hours we'll have a real good idea of their needs. Right now I don't want to speak for them, cause i'm just the nerd and they are the people in charge, as well as being on the ground.

keep in touch

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-02-2000).]

#4191 - 10/02/00 08:21 PM Re: Marty, if you have time...
If you are bringing canned goods, don't put them in your suitcases. We were down there a week ago, and Continental ran over our suitcases with a truck and flattened (and burst open!) all the canned goods we had brought to distribute. Dry goods are safest, (and more compact and lighter too).

If you need to bring canned goods (or boxed milk), try in your carry on baggage.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.