Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#419051 - 10/17/11 10:10 PM San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012
elbert Offline
Baby kissing time.
Who is running?and when do we vote?
and who can vote?

#419067 - 10/18/11 12:53 AM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
elbert Offline
I just got an email from one of the candidates saying,"All residents that are members of the Commonwealth and Caricom can vote in
the municipal elections providing that they have been here a year without leaving the country
."
I assume that's if you register.
Now i wonder when is the deadline for registering? and where do you do it?

#419081 - 10/18/11 03:03 AM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
Amanda Syme Offline
I thought it was 6 months. Yes you would have to register at the Elections and Boundaries office. I think it is upstairs in the building where the San Pedro Sun office and ACCSD office is located.

#419093 - 10/18/11 02:16 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
collyk Offline
We have registered and shall be voting. I'm very excited as this is probably one of the few times in my life where my vote actually matters.

#419102 - 10/18/11 02:29 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
elbert Offline
Amen! one of 100's of thousands hardly makes you feel you've effected.
But in San Pedro you might be the deciding vote!

#419126 - 10/18/11 05:44 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
Bear Offline
Is voting typically down party lines in SP or does an independent, one in particular, have a chance to bust the two party successions?

#419132 - 10/18/11 06:23 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
elbert Offline
A very good chance and my vote is with her.
Everyone seems ready for a change and disenchanted with PUP and UDP.

#419134 - 10/18/11 06:53 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
Diane Campbell Offline
I'd like to hear what each candidate will DO.

#419136 - 10/18/11 08:35 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: Diane Campbell]
Bear Offline
Dianne, dont you wish you could have crystal ball to actually know what a candidate will do vs Say what they will do? *sigh*.

Meanwhile I suppose fresh ideas, not stale promises, and the political will to move forward are about as good as one can get anywhere these days.

Yes elbert IMO that candidate's a winner. I hope the voters see it that way too.

#419139 - 10/18/11 09:27 PM Re: San Pedro Municipal Elections in 2012 [Re: elbert]
Diane Campbell Offline
Well maybe if they would just say what they consider important things to try to do ....... for instance -

1. collect unpaid property taxes (NO reasesments or increases until what is owed is collected, accounted for and properly spent)
2. levy fair trades license fees and have uniform enforcement
3. control speeding vehicles
4. cancel (or drastically lower) the bridge toll
5. repair the bridge
6. present an audited budget annually
7. Collect garbage - clean beaches
8. rein in the rampant property destruction caused by the painting at "carnival".
9. close liquor establishments at the legally mandated hours as noted in their licenses
10. close brothels & crack houses
11. enforce truancy laws - keep kids in school

If the next slate does #1, my guess is that the town can easily afford the rest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.